GDT: G57: LAK @ MIN - 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Stars dominate playoff games and their matchups trickle down to create opportunities elsewhere. LA has none and their defense and goaltending as currently constructed will be a problem.

So 1 team in the Central? The same team that scored 14 goals in 7 Playoff games last year? They rode an extremely hot goalie to make it a series. Dallas is good (and healthy), but nothing special compared to any other of the Playoff quality teams in the Central (or the West), team.

The West is wide open with all of the teams having flaws. Any of the teams could make it to the Cup Finals, unlike last year where COL (or a couple of the CHI teams in the past) was just better than everyone else.

Yeah and now Hartman probs steals the first star

I mean scoring 2 (of 2) goals (even though he cost Beckman one) is fine as the 1st star.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
So 1 team in the Central? The same team that scored 14 goals in 7 Playoff games last year? They rode an extremely hot goalie to make it a series. Dallas is good (and healthy), but nothing special compared to any other of the Playoff quality teams in the Central (or the West), team.

The West is wide open with all of the teams having flaws. Any of the teams could make it to the Cup Finals, unlike last year where COL (or a couple of the CHI teams in the past) was just better than everyone else.
Stars, as in elite players, not the team. They change playoff games and series, win Cups. LA doesn’t have one.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I mean scoring 2 (of 2) goals (even though he cost Beckman one) is fine as the 1st star.

Who knows, Colorado might still be that team if they can get and stay healthy. They'll go deadline hunting too which should help.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
So if Foligno comes back next game, do you sit Reaves, drop Duhaime down and keep Beckman up?
I’d like to see that 4th line again

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Man... if LA sells low on Byfield I'd be all for it. He hasn't shown much statwise, but I see a beast in the making.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Stars, as in elite players, not the team. They change playoff games and series, win Cups. LA doesn’t have one.

You mean like Fiala, but he probably doesn't count because he played with trash linemates in MN and couldn't carry them, right? LA still has Doughty and Kopitar who have been there and done that.

LA is missing a goalie, that's about it. They have the depth at center and winger to compete, a decent d-corps/structure, and a decent coach.

Fair bet Beckman goes down and Foligno slots in on the JEE/Boldy line. Stupid, but that’s what will happen.

I think Duhaime goes back to the Boldy/JEE line. I really don't think it matter they put with JEE/Boldy none of them add anything of note.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Beckman needs a power skating coach and an off-season devoted to core strength. He has a nice skillset for the Top 9 if he can become stronger on his skates

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
You mean like Fiala, but he probably doesn't count because he played with trash linemates in MN and couldn't carry them, right? LA still has Doughty and Kopitar who have been there and done that.

LA is missing a goalie, that's about it. They have the depth at center and winger to compete, a decent d-corps/structure, and a decent coach.
If Fiala is your best player, you’re not winning in the playoffs. But yes, playing on the 3rd line with trash like Lizotte and Iafallo is markedly different than where he was playing here. There’s a reason why he continues to be played in these roles.

Kopitar and Doughty are both shells of what they once were.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So if Foligno comes back next game, do you sit Reaves, drop Duhaime down and keep Beckman up?
I’d like to see that 4th line again
Yes, please. Beckman should get a couple few more games, unless he f***s up. I wouldn’t say he looks good, but he doesn’t look bad, either…. These few games are a big deal for his future development. Happy to see that his speed and strength has improved over last year.

Would also like to see Greenway on the bench and one of Rossi/Walker up, but that would involve putting Steel on waivers, and I don’t think they are ready to do that.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If Fiala is your best player, you’re not winning in the playoffs. But yes, playing on the 3rd line with trash like Lizotte and Iafallo is markedly different than where he was playing here. There’s a reason why he continues to be played in these roles.

Fiala has played with everyone in the lineup (except Danault really). LA has a coach that changes things around every 8-10 games. It's not like Fiala is a ppg or leading his team in points by a decent margin.

That 26g/72p pace Kopitar is on sure does hurt. His Cup years he had 29g/70p and 25g/76p seasons. Doughty has as many points (his goals scoring is down) this year as the Cup years, and he still plays 26+ mins a night. They'd easily be the 1C and 1D in MN.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Applies to Kaprizov so far as well.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Applies to Kaprizov so far as well.

And McDavid, for the most part.

My working theory is it takes more than one player, but it's just a working theory.

But I think anyone who says "you can't win with Fiala" probably has an axe to grind.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It felt like the Wild deserved to lose last night. They basically turtled at least the last 10 minutes and they were not great the rest of the game. Ryan Hartman snipe x2 and the Gus Bus saved this team.

Kaprizov looked like crap. NaturalStatTrick had him with 2 giveaways. It was probably more like 4 or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad