GDT: G55: Wild @ NJD Noon CT/8pm Finland (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (26-23-5) at New Jersey Devils (20-25-8)
Puck drop: 12:08 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North, FOX Sports app
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

Boudreau will coach his 900th career NHL game on Saturday. He owns a record of 529-266-104 (.646) in 899 games with Washington, Anaheim and Minnesota and has led his team to eight division titles.
Per NHL Stats, Boudreau leads active coaches in points percentage and will become the ninth active coach and the 35th all-time to reach the 900-game mark.
He coached the Central Division at the 2017 NHL All-Star Game for the first time in team history and first time in his career.
Boudreau is first coach in NHL history to lead three different teams to win streaks of 11+ games, the fastest coach in NHL history to reach 400 wins (663 games, 3/5/16), the second-fastest coach to reach 500 wins (837 games, 3/24/18) and leads active coaches in point percentage.

If Granlund doesn't look the part at center, he could easily flip with Coyle in a pinch. But Boudreau is hopeful the move to the middle can spark Granlund, who has scored just two goals in his past 37 games -- this after scoring 10 goals in the first 17 games of the season.
"We've had a lot of changes up front the past two weeks and we've been trying to find a combination that works together," Boudreau said. "To me, the number one thing we have to do is get Granlund playing the way he's capable of playing because he's sort of the straw that stirs the [drink] up front, and when he's going, everybody else is going."

AvKOgLyCQAALlmX.jpg

Lets Go Wild.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
My face when I can finally watch a Wild game:

TxPylhLt5NiORmkTH_hy3hYBnRAEk2rDc4KGVoBFoEI.gif

My face when I remember what a sack of shit this team currently is:

raining_david_tennant.gif

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I haven't been able to catch any games recently as I actually managed to fix my terrible sleep schedule. As weird as it sounds, I'm looking forward to seeing just how bad this team is with my own eyes.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I was just informed, rather rudely I might add, that I couldn't skip my kid's b-day party to watch the Wild game today. :(

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Can't wait to see how bad we are, and dread that we might actually win. Absence of hope can actually be comforting.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Can't wait to see how bad we are, and dread that we might actually win. Absence of hope can actually be comforting.

That made me think of this poem for some reason. :huh: (Yes, I grad-e-ated the 9th grade)
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

BY ROBERT FROST
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Go to your daughters party. You can miss a boy's Bday, but girls are a different story.

What's ya gonna miss, a Kunin Hattie and a Shutout?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Unfortunately I think her party is going to be a ****show and only like 3 people she invited show up. Her school was closed for a week because of the weather and the invites got out really late, it's cold out, and she's not a popular person.

Hoping for the best, but we had one of her friends spend the night last night so there would be at least 1 person there. Those articles that pop up where a b-day kid is alone hit too close to home.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Can’t tell who’s going to care less about the game today... me or the players.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Can’t tell who’s going to care less about the game today... me or the players.

Well Parise, Foligno, Kunin, and Spurgeon will care/do their best. It's the rest that are a crap shoot.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I've been refreshing the thread many many times until noticed this actually is a live thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad