GDT: G51 - VGK @ MIN - 7PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Talbot had no chance on either goal but I think he needs a few games off in a row

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I don't know what to think about the "failed challenge gets a PP" rule. It certainly did its job - there are significantly fewer challenges from coaches just trying to stall or throw a hail mary, it just feels extremely punishing on calls that legitimately could be 50/50. I don't really have a good alternative though.

Reactions: Uberdachen

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I don't know what to think about the "failed challenge gets a PP" rule. It certainly did its job - there are significantly fewer challenges from coaches just trying to stall or throw a hail mary, it just feels extremely punishing on calls that legitimately could be 50/50. I don't really have a good alternative though.

This challenge was silly - it wasn't even a close or a judgment call. Janmark was pushed by Talbot and was well outside the crease.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
This challenge was silly - it wasn't even a close or a judgment call. Janmark was pushed by Talbot and was well outside the crease.
I agree. Except we thought the same on Foligno's goal a week or two ago and that one was actually called back.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hell no, screening is actually allowed, that's all the Vegas player did. Talbot lost focus on the puck, had no idea where it was.
When Foligno was called for it just a game or two ago...it's the right call.
It's not Evason's fault that what goalie interference means changes from game to game and ref to ref.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
When Foligno was called for it just a game or two ago...it's the right call.
It's not Evason's fault that was goalie interference means changes from game to game and ref to ref.
Bingo. That's the NHL's biggest problem, and until they have a sky-judge or Toronto making all the calls, it's unfixable.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I doubt that fixes it either when it's Toronto making the calls on a challenge.
I think if you had a limited set of refs (< 5) at the HQ making all judgement calls on challenges every game, it would be a lot more consistent.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I think if you had a limited set of refs (< 5) at the HQ making all judgement calls on challenges every game, it would be a lot more consistent.
Could be. I honestly don't know how it's done now other than that Toronto does it.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
What's the rule these days? Can you challenge a second time if the first fails?

Edit: Looks like unlimited challenges with the new penalty rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad