GDT: G5: Leafs @ Caps - 6:08pm

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Ovi will never score another goal. Caps will hit more bars today than I did with a fake ID in the 80's and this forum will continue to be a source of unbounded optimism and joy.

ralph-simpsons.gif

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Tickets arent showing up on my phone app, showing up on the website but not my phone ... Caps guy said just come down to the box office before the game and "someone will figure it out"

joy .. thats what people want to hear.

Drive from work in Silver Spring to Columbia MD .. pick up daughter .. drive back to Silver Spring metro .. metro down to game .. then hope someone will be able to help me.

On top of taking my 5 month old into office bc wife is sick and co workers saying my baby is looking pre sick.

And I rushed to office with all this baby gear just to have my 9:30 client cancel bc she is also sick ... so now I gotta make some after hours time for her .. plus push sick baby on my mom for the night

If i drag my daughter all the way down there and Caps say I cant get in .. Im going f***ing Michael Douglas Falling Down

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Looks like Swimmin' Sammy will be sitting:

Toronto Maple Leafs at Washington Capitals

6pm/3pm PT on TSN4 and streaming on TSN.ca or the TSN App (regional)

The Maple Leafs will look to keep the good times rolling Tuesday night in Washington after coming back to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday night in a rematch of last spring's first-round playoff clash.

Goalie Ilya Samsonov was pulled from that game in the first period after allowing three goals on four shots in favour of Joseph Woll, who proceeded to stop all 28 shots he faced in the win.

For his efforts, Woll will get the start against the Capitals as they search for their second win of the season.

Tyler Bertuzzi has just one goal through five games with the Maple Leafs so far this season. On Monday he skated alongside John Tavares and William Nylander who have combined for 18 points so far. Mark Masters has more on the move as Toronto get set to visit the Capitals on Tuesday.

Additionally, off-season signing Tyler Bertuzzi was dropped from the top line during Monday's practice and appears primed to play with captain John Tavares and William Nylander against the Caps.

The story for the Capitals so far in this young season has been the lack of production from Russian superstar Alex Ovechkin. The 38-year-old winger hasn't scored a goal over four games and has recorded just nine shots.

Ovechkin has the second-most goals in NHL history with 822 and needs 72 more to get even with Wayne Gretzky at 894.
TSN

Hoping for a siting of vintage Ovie, Willie or Kuzy; but not holding my breath.

Reactions: Neil Racki and um

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Tickets arent showing up on my phone app, showing up on the website but not my phone ... Caps guy said just come down to the box office before the game and "someone will figure it out"

Drive from work in Silver Spring to Columbia MD .. pick up daughter .. drive back to Silver Spring metro .. metro down to game .. then hope someone will be able to help me.

On top of taking my 5 month old into office bc wife is sick and co workers saying my baby is looking pre sick.

And I rushed to office with all this baby gear just to have my 9:30 client cancel bc she is also sick ... so now I gotta make some after hours time for her .. plus push sick baby on my mom for the night

If i drag my daughter all the way down there and Caps say I cant get in .. Im going f***ing Michael Douglas Falling Down

giphy.gif

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Caps have great PR and customer support ... problem solved.

edit - I had to download the Monumental App .. wouldnt go through the regular ticketmaster app like years past

yay .. more apps and taking up my storage and tracking

Last edited:

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA

Well, I can’t even get someone to go with me. But I can download the tickets. Haha.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Assuming Darcy gets the start at home, how many goals does Carbs give TO before putting in Shepard? Or does he just let Kuemper get shelled and send Shepard to the ice against the Debbies tomorrow?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
6:00 start time is definitely the worst possible time. Don't have a great feeling about this one.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I call this one 6-5 Caps. Ovi with a hattie, Matthews with two and neither team even bothers playing defense.

Oh and Willy bullies Marner. Reaves steps in but is too slow.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Is the game on Monumental or is it blacked out because of national broadcast?

Edit: Nevermind I see it’s blacked out because of ESPN. Great.

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
ESPN did no favors promoting a cool day in Hockey. Almost 0 talk of any of the games even on their lame de gen gamblers show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad