GDT: G48: BUF @ MIN - 8 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is that intentional to get Hartman out with Kaprizov and Zuccarello that shift?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
MUCH better contract.
Meh, Buffalo lucked into that. Kaprizov had the pedigree in the KHL and NHL to warrant his contract and remember, we tried to get him at $8Mx8 years. I think Kaprizov is arguably the best winger in the game. Thompson has excellent size. Plays center, but is awful at faceoffs. Very comparable players. I just think Kaprizov's numbers would improve if he had a legit a 3rd linemate with him and Zucc.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
And I'll take the chance that we can give him some good wingers before his 7 year contract is over to keep playing like a 1C
We can already give him 2. Problem solved.

Meh, Buffalo lucked into that. Kaprizov had the pedigree in the KHL and NHL to warrant his contract and remember, we tried to get him at $8Mx8 years. I think Kaprizov is arguably the best winger in the game. Thompson has excellent size. Plays center, but is awful at faceoffs. Very comparable players. I just think Kaprizov's numbers would improve if he had a legit a 3rd linemate with him and Zucc.
Ok, but it's still a very important point in his favor. 7 more years of Thompson at $7M vs. 3 more years of Kaprizov at $9M plus 8 more years at probably $11M+ it's a no contest. As long as you think that this is what Thompson is, of course.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.

Ok, but it's still a very important point in his favor. 7 more years of Thompson at $7M vs. 3 more years of Kaprizov at $9M plus 8 more years at probably $11M+ it's a no contest. As long as you think that this is what Thompson is, of course.
It's the opposite of a moot point, actually.
Thanks for setting me straight.

Jared Spurgeon had a great 2nd period.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

I actually think that Boldy could be a Thompson lite if they were to put him at 1C. And, I think he'd be a lot better at faceoffs.

I don't really like the idea of trading a franchise player under any circumstance. That's something that could burn you big time.

Reactions: fredrikstad

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think Kaprizov is a better player, but with positional bias and that contract, I’d rather tage to build a franchise

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So the Sabres have Lemieux and now Housley, very cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad