GDT: G43: Wild @ Caps 6pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
No business winning this one but will take the 2 and move on.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
5C215E1F-9C74-4A22-A076-9C542B70D633.gif

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Gus is the full time starter now. That's just how it has to be.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'd say this was a game the goalie won. I wouldn't call it a game the goalie stole though.

Roman Maroni

Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Gonna have to watch post game and have another bump……not sure if was the Capt. Morgan that helped or the Lucky Lights.

I think it’s safe to say that the more Morgan/Cokes I have the more convinced I get that the lucky lights are a thing….

• Haha
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Gus is the full time starter now. That's just how it has to be.
You know that's not gonna happen though.

Like or not, we don't have a true starter....not in their eyes. They're just gonna rotate....or at least they should unless one really struggles.

But if we make the playoffs, they better continue rotating and not pull the same BS they did last year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Kap didn't have a shot on net tonight. First time all season. Only happened once last year, also against WSH.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Like or not, we don't have a true starter. Not in their eyes. They're just gonna rotate....or at least they should unless one really struggles.

I don't mind running a goalie tandem until close to the end of the season. Once the Playoffs get close I think they need to have a designated start/backup.

Roman Maroni

Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Feel like this is the first Caps game that didn’t have Ovi score 2+ PPG against us. We’ve gotta be among his Top 5 teams for highest PPG.
When they showed his highlight clip, I kept thinking it’s against #40, #40,#40, #40…..Poor Dubnyk, then there was a #32. I thought ya! Stalock….felt kinda bad for 40 there for a minute.

• Haha

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

Like or not, we don't have a true starter....not in their eyes. They're just gonna rotate....or at least they should unless one really struggles.

But if we make the playoffs, they better continue rotating and not pull the same BS they did last year.
Think it should be closer to a 2/1 split honestly. You remove the first 2 games of the season and he’s playing at a .935 SV% and 1.85 GAA.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't mind running a goalie tandem until close to the end of the season. Once the Playoffs get close I think they need to have a designated start/backup.
Maybe. But here's a crazy thought....we didn't really have a designated starter in 2003. Look how that worked out.

The club will not have Fleury as a backup. They just won't. Guerin wouldn't allow it. As long as either one isn't kissing the dirt hard, then I can see them continuing down the current path.

But again, if this is the path they choose, they had better not flip the damn script if we make the postseason. Because Gus deserves just as many games.

Roman Maroni

Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
I got to be more punctual and get there for the start times so I can get those lucky lights going. As soon as I turned em on, bam, we got a goal. So technically I must take the blame for the 1st…..So thinking about it, I must be like the guy who missed a team meeting or two (won’t say any names). Hope you guys don’t trade me…..

Don’t think I can root for Arizona or Chicago!

Can I get a 10 team no trade clause before I get in real trouble?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I got to be more punctual and get there for the start times so I can get those lucky lights going. As soon as I turned em on, bam, we got a goal. So technically I must take the blame for the 1st…..So thinking about it, I must be like the guy who missed a team meeting or two (won’t say any names). Hope you guys don’t trade me…..
You and Greenway carpooling?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Think it should be closer to a 2/1 split honestly. You remove the first 2 games of the season and he’s playing at a .935 SV% and 1.85 GAA.

They've both played really well the last 9 or 10 games. Gus has been better, sure, but I'd like to keep both of them in the grooves they are in and not overwork either of them. The schedule also gets pretty heavy after the ASG.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
I don't mean to attack you, but this is a very jaded view, you've stated it like it's a fact, and yet it may be the furthest thing from the truth. From all I've heard about Dumba (don't know him personally), your view of him wouldn't really be in character.

I think it's more likely he's just having a terrible year, probably due to the pressure of an uncertain future.
Agreed . And also, isn't it a contract year for Dumba? If so, I am pretty sure he's doing the best he can, for a new contract, somewhere.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Maybe. But here's a crazy thought....we didn't really have a designated starter in 2003. Look how that worked out.

The club will not have Fleury as a backup. They just won't. Guerin wouldn't allow it. As long as either one isn't kissing the dirt hard, then I can see them continuing down the current path.

But again, if this is the path they choose, they had better not flip the damn script if we make the postseason. Because Gus deserves just as many games.

Tandems in general, just don't work in the Playoffs. It just makes for more noise the team has to tune out.

As much as it would be fun to see Evason's head explode in a post game presser when he's asked about his choice of goalie; I think it's bad for the team overall.

You and Greenway carpooling?

Not tonight, Greenway was the only FWD that showed up in the 1st.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Gonna have to watch post game and have another bump……not sure if was the Capt. Morgan that helped or the Lucky Lights.

I think it’s safe to say that the more Morgan/Cokes I have the more convinced I get that the lucky lights are a thing….
6 in one hand half a dozen in the other?

Reactions: Roman Maroni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad