G4 making a return

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.

Loved that show back in the day.

I loved G4's Comic Con coverage. I'm most likely never physically going to Comic Con for a few reasons, but their whole week long coverage was great to sit through. A few years into my teaching career I stopped working at camps in the summer, so I had off for like 6 weeks. In the middle was Comic Con week on G4 and I think I watched every minute from the time I woke up until I passed out for the whole week.

And Attack of the Show gave us an incredible lineup of female nerds, leading with Olivia Munn.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I remember watching Tech TV the precursor to G4 and having the biggest crush on Laura Swisher back in 2003 (she was the Unscrewed co-host).

As for G4 coming back? Olivia Munn was that entire network. She had the "IT" factor. I remember around 2009-2010 she started missing more and more shows to do magazines and acting gigs and thinking this does not bode well for the network. They never really seemed to recover after she left.

They might do well for a niche audience or even get to the levels of Tech TV, but it's going to be a situation like when Arsenio Hall came back; a little nostalgia but it will lose momentum quickly.

If Munn is involved, they stand a chance, if not, this will be little more than a reunion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad