GDT: G27: Wild @ Nucks 9pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordtrillson

May 24, 2020
I have liked him, lots of speed and he is executing very well up and down the ice, good stick work and makes the right play, looks like he could stick if he continues to play like this.
Going to be so interesting to watch his development path. Last year watching him at the U I would’ve said no way is he an nhl player but now it seems like he’s got a shot

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Really pumped to see what Walker could end up being. Looks like he belongs
I want to see if he and Boldy can get something going. Sammy has always been an offensive player, and IMO, Gaudreau is at his best when he is the defensive guy on the line, so he can back up Boldy and Walker while they take risks to score goalz.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Walker was okay. A bad turnover in the d-zone. Taking out Boldy on a rush that turned into a 5-3 the other way (his breakaway was after that) . If they score on those then the story on Walker changes.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
What a strong game by the Wild, they can do it :thumbu:

Steel has stolen Hartman's spot, Dewar belongs here, and good debut by Walker.
Fleury can rest for a while...

Official three stars of the game:
1. Gustavsson
2. Zuccarello
3. Boldy

Reactions: fredrikstad

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I want to see if he and Boldy can get something going. Sammy has always been an offensive player, and IMO, Gaudreau is at his best when he is the defensive guy on the line, so he can back up Boldy and Walker while they take risks to score goalz.
I think he has a chance to be Boldy’s best linemate this season, but that’s still a disservice to bolds. We need a guy that can put up .5ppg at least across from Boldy. With Walker, the line didn’t look totally neutered. With another high skill guy, Boldy could transform the secondary scoring on the team. If we’re going to lose kn the first round, we should at least do it in style.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Walker was okay. A bad turnover in the d-zone. Taking out Boldy on a rush that turned into a 5-3 the other way (his breakaway was after that) . If they score on those then the story on Walker changes.
If you want to cherry pick that way then you could also pick out plenty of good and cerebral plays he made throughout the night. Him moving his feet and drawing a penalty, that in turn lead to the Boldy PPG was more than Petan has contributed. Low bar… but the “if” game can be played to any degree one desires.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he has a chance to be Boldy’s best linemate this season, but that’s still a disservice to bolds. We need a guy that can put up .5ppg at least across from Boldy. With Walker, the line didn’t look totally neutered. With another high skill guy, Boldy could transform the secondary scoring on the team. If we’re going to lose kn the first round, we should at least do it in style.
Walker's skillset is somewhat similar to Fiala's, but he is much less talented, obviously. It's unfair to him to expect him to be anywhere near what Fiala was. I do think that he might be able to be a .5 PPG player in the NHL , given a little luck, but it's hard to say. Still really early days.

It's so hard to forecast. In the brief few games that i saw Petan down in Iowa, he looked great, and I wondered if he was ready for a late career emergence. It was only when he came up that I realized he was too slow, too weak, too small, and mostly, timid, and lacking in confidence.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If you want to cherry pick that way then you could also pick out plenty of good and cerebral plays he made throughout the night. Him moving his feet and drawing a penalty, that in turn lead to the Boldy PPG was more than Petan has contributed. Low bar… but the “if” game can be played to any degree one desires.

I don't care what game you want to play. I was responding to the question of how the kid looked.

The kid had an okay game, with good and bad plays. The good plays had been pointed out already, so I pointed out the bad ones to give a more complete picture.

This game (1st NHL game) and the next game (1st home game for a hometown kid) for me are just to see how he handles the emotions, pressure, moment, mental side of things.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
i thought both teams played hard , i don't understand why the nucker fans would boo that effort.

VAN is an entertaining bad team. Their fans aren't expecting wins, but they are expecting an entertaining game with a lot of goals scored. Then they got shut out.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Look for Fleury to start the next game

I wish this dumbass organization wasn't so transparent and predictable with their shit.

This is why Talbot "threw a fit" and left btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad