GDT: G27 - DAL @ MIN - 1K-oivu - 2PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
2 points out of a playoff spot, though there are three teams in front of us still.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dallas is hard to play against, and has a few really good players.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Well, I'm glad I watched until the end. Good game, kept me entertained (and awake).

Very happy for Mikko, couldn't have written it better.

Reactions: TaLoN

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
You still disagree even though it worked? Amazing.
Do you think he wouldn't have turned it around if he had been getting more like 14-15 minutes a night? Do you think that playing with Fiala may have helped? The same Fiala that somehow managed to turn his game around while playing ~14 minutes?

It did get a lot more discussion than it really warranted, but that's how it goes when the team is losing. That doesn't somehow completely invalidate the criticism.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Do you think he wouldn't have turned it around if he had been getting more like 14-15 minutes a night? Do you think that playing with Fiala may have helped? The same Fiala that somehow managed to turn his game around while playing ~14 minutes?

It did get a lot more discussion than it really warranted, but that's how it goes when the team is losing. That doesn't somehow completely invalidate the criticism.
I think it may have taken longer and again I have zero issues with him playing the minutes he did because he had a proven track record of getting out of it and honestly...no one else had proven to deserve those minutes on an every game basis.
The criticism was unwarranted given his track record and how early it was in the season. He is a player who deserved the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: 123TripleDoge

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
fQXDuwL.jpg

Pretty good game by Fiala, but should've passed there at the end. Open net for Dumba. Was more than enough time too.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think it may have taken longer and again I have zero issues with him playing the minutes he did because he had a proven track record of getting out of it and honestly...no one else had proven to deserve those minutes on an every game basis.
The criticism was unwarranted given his track record and how early it was in the season. He is a player who deserved the benefit of the doubt.
I don't think that's a crazy stance or anything. I just disagree with it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The criticism of his play was absolutely warranted.

I agree, the question on his ice time though was excessive considering nobody else showed they deserved it. He certainly wasn't preventing Fiala from more ice time considering they play opposite wings for us.

The ice time part of the criticism was the only part I disagreed with. That's over and done now, not worth the discussion anymore imo.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
fQXDuwL.jpg

Pretty good game by Fiala, but should've passed there at the end. Open net for Dumba. Was more than enough time too.

Not a for sure thing. He honestly didn't have a great lane to pass to him and it could have been a bad pass.

If he scores we all say 'I'm so happy we have a gun that will pull the trigger like we always needed'.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Did anyone else see Foligno mugging Koivu at the end, causing him to keel over backwards?:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad