Sonny Milano -- Hendrix Lapierre -- Matthew Phillips
Beck Malenstyn -- Nic Dowd -- Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Martin Fehervary -- John Carlson
Rasmus Sandin -- Trevor van Riemsdyk
Joel Edmundson -- Nick Jansen

Darcy Kuemper
Charlie Lindgren

Scratched: Alexander Alexeyev, Lucas Johansen, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Hunter Shepard

Injured: T.J. Oshie (upper body), Max Pacioretty (Achilles)

Coyotes projected lineup

Clayton Keller -- Logan Cooley -- Nick Schmaltz
Matias Maccelli -- Nick Bjugstad -- Lawson Crouse
Michael Carcone -- Alex Kerfoot -- Jason Zucker
Milos Kelemen -- Liam O'Brien

J.J. Moser -- Sean Durzi
Matt Dumba -- Josh Brown
Troy Stecher -- Michael Kesselring

Juuso Valimaki
Connor Ingram
Karel Vejmelka

Scratched: Ryan McGregor

Injured: Jack McBain (lower body), Barrett Hayton (upper body), Vladislav Kolyachonok (lower body), Travis Dermott (upper body), Travis Boyd (upper body)

Status report

Kuznetsov will be a healthy scratch for the first time since May 3, 2021, because Capitals coach Spencer Carbery thinks he needs a night off mentally. The forward has one goal in his past seven games. … With Kuznetsov out, Philipps will go back into the lineup. … The Capitals held an optional morning skate. … Ingram will make his fifth straight start, Kuemper his third straight. … The Coyotes will go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen for the third consecutive game.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
What's the over/under for that Milano/Lapierre/Phillips line to have more than 8 minutes of ice time?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I have an early morning tomorrow that requires the use of my brain so my sobriety streak shall continue, unfortunately (or fortunately — not sure yet).

Would be nice to end this road trip with a win. The Caps have the Stars on Thursday in their first home game after the road trip and that’s about guaranteed a loss as you can get. I don’t think they’ve beaten the Stars since the Cold War.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If Kuemper can't play great against his former team, then he's lost in multiple ways. Is Lindgren still under the weather so to speak?

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
I have an early morning tomorrow that requires the use of my brain so my sobriety streak shall continue, unfortunately (or fortunately — not sure yet).

Would be nice to end this road trip with a win. The Caps have the Stars on Thursday in their first home game after the road trip and that’s about guaranteed a loss as you can get. I don’t think they’ve beaten the Stars since the Cold War.
Off the top of my head, I think the last time we beat the Stars Alex Semin had the game winner lol

• Haha
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Jan 28th, 2022 was the last time they beat Dallas. 5-0 shutout. Holtby was in for Dallas.

Backstrom and Kuzy had themselves a good game. (McMichael too).

View attachment 777751
And, recognizing his potential and rewarding his performance (/s), the HC decided to cut CMM's shifts and ice time by more than half in the next match:

10Connor McMichael000000000000085:09

but I'm sure he had his reasons ...

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
And, recognizing his potential and rewarding his performance (/s), the HC decided to cut CMM's shifts and ice time by more than half in the next match:

10Connor McMichael000000000000085:09

but I'm sure he had his reasons ...
Yeah Lavi wasn't the coach this team needed. Was glad to see the back of him.

Unfortunately he has the Rangers playing like one of the best teams in the league - hopefully that won't last!

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Feel like we have 3 good lines and a wildcard line. Need 15-29-45 to earn their minutes. So first couple of shifts are critical for that line. They need their skating and the back checking going.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
I hope they get 10 minutes to have some time to gel, but I sincerely doubt that'll happen. It could be a dynamic offensive line, but their defence will likely be pretty poor.
I'm going to be optimistic and say they get 12+ minutes and generate 2 goals.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
So, if we win, do we get a trophy for being the Cupiest team of the last 5 years?

I mean, the NBA just conjured up a nonsensical mid-season trophy - why not us??

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Is it weird that Mullett Arena is actually one of the road rinks I most want to see a game in? Kinda wanna see what it's like to watch an NHL game in a tiny place like that.

Reactions: AllAlphas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad