GDT: G20: Caps @ Quacks - 10pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
5 or 6 into the 3rd the Caps started fumbling pucks, missing passes, giveaways... getting gassed over the 3gms in 4 nights and all the PK was taking a toll too

Good thing Willy got that 5th, writing was on the wall that ANA was getting the mo'
Another character win taking care of a back-to-back (again!)

12-6-2 at the 20 game split is pretty banging
The thing I like about Carbs and the rest of the coaching staff is how they are trusting/using the younger players on the roster. The vets are having their minutes cut down, which will allow them to last more through the season possibly preventing less injuries. Lavi would ride the vets into the ground and by seasons end they were too banged up or just fatigued.

I'm impressed with the Caps record so far considering they are 31st in scoring goals and 32nd on the PP.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
The thing I like about Carbs and the rest of the coaching staff is how they are trusting/using the younger players on the roster. The vets are having their minutes cut down, which will allow them to last more through the season possibly preventing less injuries. Lavi would ride the vets into the ground and by seasons end they were too banged up or just fatigued.

I'm impressed with the Caps record so far considering they are 31st in scoring goals and 32nd on the PP.
Gotta give a lot of credit to Mitch Love and what he’s done with the D. It’s been a rotating cast due to injuries, and platooning the youngsters at LD.

But through it all, they’ve maintained a solid level of play, reducing GA, and giving this offensively challenged team a chance most nights. (Shout out to Scott Allen on the PK as well). I like the pairings that they have now, and feel the kids are in good hands: Fever is playing pretty well, and Sandin has settled in nicely with Jensen.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
lindgren-11302023.jpg

GANFHZXXEAAF08S.png

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I'm sure everyone in here would have been fine with 2 out of 3 on this trip. I'm also sure that pretty much everyone in here would have figured the loss happens against the Kings but they lose to the Sharks instead.

Conclusion:

I still don't know what to make of this team.:laugh:

At the very least it is a well coached team. They're decent. If the PP gets back on track and the vets start producing this will be a good team.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Gotta give a lot of credit to Mitch Love and what he’s done with the D. It’s been a rotating cast due to injuries, and platooning the youngsters at LD.

But through it all, they’ve maintained a solid level of play, reducing GA, and giving this offensively challenged team a chance most nights. (Shout out to Scott Allen on the PK as well). I like the pairings that they have now, and feel the kids are in good hands: Fever is playing pretty well, and Sandin has settled in nicely with Jensen.
Our D corps is sneaky underrated, which is fine. Sandin looks really good every night now, Edmunson has surprised to the upside Carly was great both ways vs Kings, Marty competed hard tonight. It would be great to see this evolve from a good stretch of play to a foundational team strength (since we need at least one).

That was a gritty win, considering how tired we looked in the 3rd

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Wilson has been playing so much better the last handful of games. Someone here said his subpar play is probably related to him not being comfortable with his body post injury. And I think that is true. He is looking like the old Willy now.

Reactions: Calicaps

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'm sure everyone in here would have been fine with 2 out of 3 on this trip. I'm also sure that pretty much everyone in here would have figured the loss happens against the Kings but they lose to the Sharks instead.

Conclusion:

I still don't know what to make of this team.:laugh:
Stealth tank?

Beat all the top teams and hand out points to all the basement teams.

Reactions: BallardEra

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Damn just looking at the Eastern conference stats. We are like 10 less than the next last place team in goals.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Our D corps is sneaky underrated, which is fine. Sandin looks really good every night now, Edmunson has surprised to the upside Carly was great both ways vs Kings, Marty competed hard tonight. It would be great to see this evolve from a good stretch of play to a foundational team strength (since we need at least one).

That was a gritty win, considering how tired we looked in the 3rd
Idk man … I’ve only watched the extended highlights of the west coast games but we struggle against a good fast forecheck. Yeah we beat the devils a few times but clearing the puck and clean break outs are hard with forechecking teams

I’m enjoying the wins and like seeing the guys happy, especially mantha who had to be in a dark spot earlier but I do think we regress over time

Damn … am I a Debbie downer? This is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad