GDT: G19 - ARZ @ MIN - Home Again - 7:00PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Don't bash Russo, he's one of the best and most active beat writers in the league. His articles on The Athletic are top quality. I've tried to catch him in spelling errors, but it's impossible :DD

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
It's mainly just in fun...I'll always read Russo, but I think it was objectively one of the worst ledes to a story I've ever read :laugh:

Although I think I saw on twitter it might have been a reference to a Jon K. story lede.

Reactions: Bazeek

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Come on 2P. You jump all over people when they make unsubstantiated claims like this.

Why would they do this? What's the gain?

I mean, if they aren't coming outright and saying that goaltending has been a big problem for the team so far this year, then there's definitely some "kids gloves" type of stuff going on. I don't think that there's any organizational direction to the TV station happening here, but it's not difficult to see that Dubnyk has a sub .900 save % and a > 3.0 GAA. I don't listen much to the broadcast, but especially in last night's case, he should've had a shutout, instead we had to sweat it out until the final seconds.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I mean, if they aren't coming outright and saying that goaltending has been a big problem for the team so far this year, then there's definitely some "kids gloves" type of stuff going on. I don't think that there's any organizational direction to the TV station happening here, but it's not difficult to see that Dubnyk has a sub .900 save % and a > 3.0 GAA. I don't listen much to the broadcast, but especially in last night's case, he should've had a shutout, instead we had to sweat it out until the final seconds.
Don't these guys all know each other, travel together etc. etc? Seems more likely they don't want to bad-mouth someone they are going to go talk to in 10 minutes.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Don't these guys all know each other, travel together etc. etc? Seems more likely they don't want to bad-mouth someone they are going to go talk to in 10 minutes.

Yeah, but that shouldn't stop you from giving honest opinions. I mean, you don't have tear Dubnyk to ground on a nightly basis (even if it's deserved), but you can fully recognize that he was the reason that game was even in doubt last night. You can see that he's having his statistically worst season since he's been here. If he or any other player can't handle somebody giving an honest appraisal of their game, then it's an additional poor reflection on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad