GDT: G12 summit: Caps @ Devs - 7:08pm EST

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
1st 47 min.s was the best all-around game for teh boyz, most together they've been
good on them for righting the ship for the last 10 and hanging on for the big W

with Dowd back and NAK at 4RW plus Beck, that was an instant banging 4th line

IF NAK can keep out of the box and score here and there I'd be happy with him taking 4RW over the young'ns;
he brings energy and throws that body, last season almost every game he'd break through on a 1-0 or 2v1 (and usually blow it), BUT that generates 'O' and 'MO' (plus I always love a tough and banging 4th line)

5-1-1 last 7
4th in Eastern Conf. in pts %
6 gms now or 7 without a PPG against

not exactly 'the suck' now is it

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
1st 47 min.s was the best all-around game for teh boyz, most together they've been

IF NAK can keep out of the box and score here and there I'd be happy with him taking 4RW over the young'ns;
he brings energy and throws that body, last season almost every game he'd break through on a 1-0 or 2v1 (and usually blow it), BUT that generates 'O' and 'MO' (plus I always love a tough and banging 4th line)

5-1-1 last 7

NAK must have had a bad camp, cause it always seemed like he’d be a great fit with Beck.

Both are strong north-south guys with good foot speed, and better puck skills than you would think at first look. They can definitely wreak some havoc, and tilt the ice as the energy line.

Not sure how long Mantha might be out, but I’d like to see Oshie moved to CMM’s line. CMM needs someone that can finish, and Oshie can’t create on his own. Plus CMM/Pro can compensate for Oshie defensively. Then that puts Phillips back with Strome and Milano, who had something going early on in the season.

Phillips was ok tonight, made some smart plays, and can hang in there against less physical teams - but he isn’t any long term answer. So, perhaps while he’s up, maybe they can give Lappy some games at wing?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
4th line brilliant.

Lindgren was good too.

Kuznetsov redemption game... GMBM pick up the phone fast and sell.

The Devils are really bad without Jack Hughes...should gain some steam for him to win the Hart if he doesn't miss many games. They were worse than the Blue Jackets without Laine.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
remember when we beat NJ 8 times in a row in 2020
This streak and Holtby always shutting out Boston for like three straight seasons were my favorites.
4th line brilliant.

Lindgren was good too.

Kuznetsov redemption game... GMBM pick up the phone fast and sell.

The Devils are really bad without Jack Hughes...should gain some steam for him to win the Hart if he doesn't miss many games. They were worse than the Blue Jackets without Laine.
They were also missing Hischier too. Take away the top two centers from most teams and they’re going to struggle.

That said, the Devils have some structure and defensive issues that get exposed when they don’t have an All-World talent like JH86 threatening to score on every shift. And their goaltending isn’t great. Vitek and Sammy were always just guys.

Reactions: max21

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
This streak and Holtby always shutting out Boston for like three straight seasons were my favorites.

They were also missing Hischier too. Take away the top two centers from most teams and they’re going to struggle.

That said, the Devils have some structure and defensive issues that get exposed when they don’t have an All-World talent like JH86 threatening to score on every shift. And their goaltending isn’t great. Vitek and Sammy were always just guys.
They do but they looked pretty good in games without him when Hughes was still in.

They look garbage now. If Hughes is out for longer they could miss the Playoffs. Actually the Metro in general looks so bad right now that we could actually fight for a Playoff spot.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021

5-1-1 last 7

No but the PP continues to suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad