G Yaroslav Askarov (2020, 11th, NSH) - PART 2

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
1706822503514.png

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
why not bring him up make him the back up to and trade Saros in the offseason if askorov is ready?
Because risk isn't worth the reward if you think Askarov is ready and he isn't. Look at all the teams struggling with bad goaltending while Preds are in the PO with the roster that is objectively quite terrible. While as history has shown, in a goalie trade you get 1 grade-A piece at best, if you get one at all.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Post in thread 'G Yaroslav Askarov (2020, 11th, NSH) - PART 2' G Yaroslav Askarov (2020, 11th, NSH) - PART 2

I mean I'm happy he got his net back and got the win but overall his season has been disappointing. Yet again. He's still young. I also understand that development is never linear and that's particularly the case with goalies but watching Askarov I have to state that this post I wrote in January 23 is still accurate. I fail to see the progress. He's still playing the same way which is disappointing to see. What are they working on in practice? Is he coachable? Too early to panic but next season I'd really like to see him trend in the right direction at the very least.

Reactions: Gnashville

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Post in thread 'G Yaroslav Askarov (2020, 11th, NSH) - PART 2' G Yaroslav Askarov (2020, 11th, NSH) - PART 2

I mean I'm happy he got his net back and got the win but overall his season has been disappointing. Yet again. He's still young. I also understand that development is never linear and that's particularly the case with goalies but watching Askarov I have to state that this post I wrote in January 23 is still accurate. I fail to see the progress. He's still playing the same way which is disappointing to see. What are they working on in practice? Is he coachable? Too early to panic but next season I'd really like to see him trend in the right direction at the very least.

You think this season's been a disappointment? He was 5th in GAA and 2nd in wins. He went 8-0 with 1.73GA and 3 shutouts for an entire month. I think he's tracking fine, he's still very young.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You think this season's been a disappointment? He was 5th in GAA and 2nd in wins. He went 8-0 with 1.73GA and 3 shutouts for an entire month. I think he's tracking fine, he's still very young.
...playing for a good team. Not all that difficult. Did you watch some of his games? Still the exact same issues as 1,5 years ago. Feels like nothing has changed. Again, development is never linear but at some point it has to come. I'd really like to see some improvement next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad