G Wouter Peeters - Jokerit U20, Jr. A SM-liiga (2016, 83rd, CHI)

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
He just signed few weeks ago to Jokerit...will mostly play and train in their A-junior squad. Has played in Austria before signed to Finland. I have no idea how good he is or what is his style. Big goalie though.

whlscowt

I don't know a lot, but I saw him earlier this year when his team played the Victoria Grizzlies of the BCHL, he's really quick for a kid of his size and has a terrific glove. He was getting shelled and kept his team in the game the whole time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any reason why he hasn't played with Belgium internationally yet? Is he deciding to pull a Levin or Sprong and say **** you to his original countries? Or just hasn't gotten the opportunity?

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Any reason why he hasn't played with Belgium internationally yet? Is he deciding to pull a Levin or Sprong and say **** you to his original countries? Or just hasn't gotten the opportunity?

If you're an NHL prospect there is no upside to playing games for the Belgian team, hockey is really bad here

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004

From the sounds of this recent IIHF article on him, seems that with his move to practice with Rockford in the AHL kept him from playing for Belgium this year, and while it doesn't quote Peeters saying he'd join them, it also doesn't say he wouldn't, which I feel would be noted if it wa the case.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Was released by Jokerit today. Perhaps he's coming to North America?

He was drafted in the USHL by Youngstown. So if I would guess he will join the USHL and then jump into the AHL/ECHL once he's done with his junior career. There's always the possibility of him going to the NCAA, but him playing for Jokerit might've killed his eligibility for it (IE getting paid).

From the sounds of this recent IIHF article on him, seems that with his move to practice with Rockford in the AHL kept him from playing for Belgium this year, and while it doesn't quote Peeters saying he'd join them, it also doesn't say he wouldn't, which I feel would be noted if it wa the case.
Thanks!

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
He was drafted in the USHL by Youngstown. So if I would guess he will join the USHL and then jump into the AHL/ECHL once he's done with his junior career. There's always the possibility of him going to the NCAA, but him playing for Jokerit might've killed his eligibility for it (IE getting paid).

Thanks!

Did not see that he was drafted into the USHL. Going to a team like Youngstown would be a smart move, one of the better teams there for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad