G Tyler Parsons - London Knights, OHL (2016, 54th, CGY)

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Didn't see a thread for him, he's been playing pretty well though I guess you could argue the team in front of him is pretty stacked.

Where is he likely to go in the 2016 draft and how does he compare to other goaltenders available? I haven't heard too much hype about any 2016 eligible goaltenders really.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Probably a mid round pick. The big goalie to look out for this year is Carter Hart, who could be a first rounder. Evan Fitzpatrick also has lots of potential but isn't performing up to it at this point.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I like him but he's probably a mid to late round pick at this point.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Draft Eligible Goaltender

3 Stars in the Last 3 games involving The London knights.

April 03, 2016
1. LDN - #7 Matthew Tkachuk *
2. LDN - #1 Tyler Parsons
3. OS - #37 Nick Suzuki

Friday, April 08, 2016
1. LDN - #10 Christian Dvorak
3. KIT - #72 Ryan MacInnis

Sunday, April 10, 2016
1. LDN - #98 Victor Mete
3. LDN - #7 Matthew Tkachuk *

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Named one of the game's 3 stars again.

April 12, 2016
1. LDN - #21 Chandler Yakimowicz
2. KIT - #30 Dawson Carty
3. LDN - #1 Tyler Parsons

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Sorry but this guys needs some credit ..

Playing unbelievable. I think if he wasn't in net last night it would have been a different game..

London PKers were great , but this goalie was outstanding !

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
1.79 GAA and .944 save % against some of the best teams in the chl in the memorial cup thus far.

The second best goalie has a GAA of 4.00 and a save % of .883 :D

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
1.79 GAA and .944 save % against some of the best teams in the chl in the memorial cup thus far.

The second best goalie has a GAA of 4.00 and a save % of .883 :D
And while I'm in the media guide, Parsons' GAA as it stands is behind these in terms of the series record book:

1.58 Adam Dennis, London, 2005
1.67 Richard Brodeur, Cornwall, 1972; Trevor Kidd, Spokane, 1991

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
From the games I have watched. Parsons has been the unsung hero of London. I would certainly consider investing a pick in him if it's a 3rd to mid rd variety type if he is available. Impressed at his ability to make timely saves.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
From the games I have watched. Parsons has been the unsung hero of London. I would certainly consider investing a pick in him if it's a 3rd to mid rd variety type if he is available. Impressed at his ability to make timely saves.
I'd bet real money that Toronto will draft Parsons. :)

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Just came here to post this. I'm getting a gut feeling the Leafs pick him at 60 if he's available.

That or I just really want him :laugh:

Agreed...somewhere in the 3rd round...I think we have 3 3rd round picks if the sharks win tonight

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Late 3rd rounder or a 4th rounder. That's about the sweet spot for him. He's in a good situation in London that he's taken complete advantage of so more power to him. A big plus for him is he is absolutely consistent. There are few goalies in this draft that are as consistent as Parsons is. However for me he's in a 3rd tier of goalies for the draft and I'd rather the Avalanche look at different goalies then him.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
So how good is this guy?

By far the best goalie in the OHL this past season, statistically much better than the likes of blackwood and nedjelovic(both of which were on good teams)

Very consistent, very calm, able to play high pressure games.

Positionally sound, and big for his age at 6-1, 185 pounds at 17 years old. Very good highlight reel to his name already.

Just so incredibly hard to project goalies.

The downside is, this is by far his most dominant year. Other seasons he's shown flashes, but this season he put it all together. Hard to tell if it's a product of the team, or his skill level.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
By far the best goalie in the OHL this past season, statistically much better than the likes of blackwood and nedjelovic(both of which were on good teams)

Positionally sound, and big for his age at 6-1, 185 pounds at 17 years old. Very good highlight reel to his name already.

The downside is, this is by far his most dominant year. Other seasons he's shown flashes, but this season he put it all together. Hard to tell if it's a product of the team, or his skill level.

Thanks for the semi-scouting report on him. :)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

He's a late birthday...so he's 18. He missed last year's draft by 3 days.

His size is only okay for a goalie.

This was his first full year as the Knights starting goalie. He was very impressive. Yes, the team in front of him was impressive...but so is he. I think he'll go 3rd round or later.

He'll be back in London next year and hopefully be at U20 next year. I was disappointed he was cut this past year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad