G Thomas Milic - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2023, 151st, WPG)

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
do we need a #5 already? or is he battling for 4th with bibeau. Grubs, Driedger, and Joey Dacc are a solid group in goal
Very likely that one of Daccord or Driedger get moved since Daccord is not waiver exempt. Bibeu is very likely a career AHL'er. If we do sign Milic to an ELC, he is likely to play this year on the Tbirds and then play in the AHL the following year. Goalies generally do have a steeper development curve than most other positions.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
He's looking really good and the scouts seem to have identified a guy that we might be able to bring in and develop into at least an AHL starter.
I notice he's still eligible for NHL draft this year. So maybe Kraken needs to draft him first instead of signing him as a FA when he turns 20

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Since Milic is draft eligible, why did we invite him to training camp? Is this normally done?

He didn't get drafted his first time he was eligible. This is his 2nd attempt at potential being drafted. He has a April 2003 birthday.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
He didn't get drafted his first time he was eligible. This is his 2nd attempt at potential being drafted. He has a April 2003 birthday.
Yes. I am aware that this is his 2nd attempt. I was just wondering if it is common for such draft eligible players to get invited to training camp? Can they be signed directly since he was undrafted last season? Or does he still have to go through the draft process?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Yes. I am aware that this is his 2nd attempt. I was just wondering if it is common for such draft eligible players to get invited to training camp? Can they be signed directly since he was undrafted last season? Or does he still have to go through the draft process?

A player that goes undrafted is considered a free agent until (i'm guessing) their next season.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If we have to draft him (which I'm still not clear on), maybe... and even then he could also end up in Allen. Sort of depends on the depth.
I am not 100% clear if he can get signed or HAS TO go through the draft again. If he does get drafted by us, I think he needs to go back and play in the WHL because he is not 20 years yet and cannot play in the AHL. I would think it would either be NHL or juniors if he is drafted.

Still not sure if he can actually just get signed. If yes, then not sure if his age matters or not as far as playing in the AHL in concerned.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
He HAS TO go through the draft again. There is a window to sign undrafted junior players before they would go back into the draft that would have been open around training camp. Sorry, but I can't remember the specifics of the rule and when exactly that window normally closes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad