G Sébastien Auger - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL (2012 undrafted)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Gotta give credit to Sebastien Auger, the 19 years old goaltender for the Saint John Sea Dogs. I understand he has never been drafted, but he has been one of, if not the, best goaltender in the Q since the second half of the season last year.

Having quite a solid beginning to the season now on a putrid Sea Dogs squad again. The only downfall is that he is 5'10 which could scare NHL teams off. But I figured he still deserves his own thread. Should be interesting to see what happens with him in the coming years.

Should be dealt to a contender at Christmas.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Bump...

Sebastien Auger is now 20, has never been even invited to an NHL training camp, got completely ignored for WJHC last year (despite being a significantly better goalie than Fucale at the time) and is putting up another great year.

It boggles my mind that the best offer Auger had over the summer was an invite to ECHL camp. I really hope he at least gets an invite to an NHL camp after this year.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
He's 5'11 now

And how much space is he taking up horizontally these days? Has he even topped 170 lbs yet? All you hear about from NHL teams looking to create offense these days is "drive the net", "get traffic in front", etc, and these things matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad