G Rylan Parenteau - PA Raiders, WHL (2015, undrafted)

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Hey guys, wanted to start a thread to get some opinion's from those who follow the WHL more closely than I. I've watched every game highlights from the WHL playoffs so far, and Parenteau really stood out to me in the clips I watched from the Raiders Warriors series. Looks like a very quick, athletic goaltender, and made a number of very challenging saves. However, a 3 game sample size, from highlights no less, obviously isn't a very good judge of overall game, so I wanted to see what others think. Does he get drafted as an overager this year?

SmartPuck

Mar 8, 2016
Won't be drafted.

Has a chance at attending an NHL camp in the fall, though. I've always liked him. Very athletic. Good glove. Just not very big. He's got ok size but he just doesn't play a "big" game in the net. Should be one of the best 20 year old goalies in the WHL next year and have the chance to earn a pro contract.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Wonder if he ends up sticking with Prince Albert for all of next season. Ian Scott is going to be really fighting for that starting position next season.

SmartPuck

Mar 8, 2016
Wonder if he ends up sticking with Prince Albert for all of next season. Ian Scott is going to be really fighting for that starting position next season.

I think that would be a waste of an asset. You can get something decent for Parenteau and I think Scott is ready...as long as they make getting an ok backup a priority.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad