G Rastislav Elias - Green Bay Gamblers, USHL (2022 Draft)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Can't remember last time a goalie came to a strong league North American league like the USHL so young. Rastislav and Juraj are also not listed as brothers on eliteprospects which is strange.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Rastislav Elias today had his debut among men in the Slovak lower league. He had 43 SVS (93.48%) in a 2-3 loss for Team Slovakia U18 project. He'd like to go to USHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: degustator and Elvs

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Nice! Sounds like a really intriguing goalie prospect. Playing in USHL will help with exposure.

Any estimations on approximately where he might rank for next year’s draft? 2nd/3rd round sound about right?

Could he vault into late first territory with and outstanding season?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Nice! Sounds like a really intriguing goalie prospect. Playing in USHL will help with exposure.

Any estimations on approximately where he might rank for next year’s draft? 2nd/3rd round sound about right?

Could he vault into late first territory with and outstanding season?
First round is very rare territory. Right now I think he’s a second rounder, early thirds. If I compare him to Matej Tomek from a few years ago he came over and was selected in the third round after a good season. Rastislav is much better than him. Right now I’d probably say he’s in the 60ish range imo

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
So after a pretty disastrous first 5 games in the USHL, he has played extremely well in 2 straight games. The last 2 games:

Against USA: 2.00 GAA, 22/24 Saves, .917 SV%, Win
Against Madison: 2.00 GAA, 38/40 Saves, .950 SV%, Win

I still say he goes to WJC as third goalie, maybe second.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Officially going to WJC. Now let’s see if he can battle to get a game during round robin. I am guessing he will get the game against Austria in the pre tournament and Bol’o will get the game against Finns

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
For me, he is hurt more than any other 2004 born Slovak because of us not being at the U18 tournament. That would have been a huge opportunity for him to prove himself more. He wasn't on Central scouting goalie ranking, but Demek was very low last year and he was selected and is now one of the top 03's in WHL.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
For me, he is hurt more than any other 2004 born Slovak because of us not being at the U18 tournament. That would have been a huge opportunity for him to prove himself more. He wasn't on Central scouting goalie ranking, but Demek was very low last year and he was selected and is now one of the top 03's in WHL.

I know what you mean but he will still get interest with a good performance in USHL. Almost forgot they didn't play div1 u18 tournament last year. You'd have to think Slovakia would be favourites this years tournament with their 04, 05 talent. I wonder if they'd send Slafkovsky and Nemec to the tournament after the olympics or just give other youngsters opportunities.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
3-0 in his last 3 starts. Looks like he is now outplaying the starter and looking like his old self from Kosice U20. Stopped 35/39 of shots tonight, but it was also his first game back in more than a month.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
First half of season still affects him. Also the second game last weekened wasnt such spectacular. But im still optimistic about him.
Back to back good games this weekend and last. Also you must remember, his team isn’t really very good. Only 1 drafted player and he was a 4th rounder in 2021.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad