G Philippe Desrosiers - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2013, 54th overall, Dallas)

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
What do fans from the QMJHL, and in general, think of Desrosiers? Watching him at the U18s, all I kept thinking about was how much he reminds me of Carey Price.

What round is he projected to go in?

Jack of Blades

Nov 14, 2013
Dallas
Phillipe Desrosiers - 2013 54th overall pick, Dallas Stars

There hasn't been a whole lot of buzz going on about this kid; while still in the QMJHL, the 18 year old has gone 9-0 so far in February with three consecutive shutouts and the longest shutout streak in QMJHL history. During the month of February, he's posted a .94 GAA and a .965 SV%.

What does everybody here think his future looks like?

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Not much has been discussed about PD, especially after the year he had. Thoughts on where he ranks among the best drafted goalies prospects, and what is his ceiling to those who have watched him consistently.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He was awful in the beginning of the year, but rebounded and played well down the stretch. He splits time with Guindon (even in the playoffs), which is rare for a goalie of his caliber at the junior level.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
He was awful in the beginning of the year, but rebounded and played well down the stretch. He splits time with Guindon (even in the playoffs), which is rare for a goalie of his caliber at the junior level.

He started poorly last year as well. Hopefully this isn't a habit for him throughout his career.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
He was average most of the year and even into the playoffs. Guindon came in and posted some amazing numbers throughout the post-season.

Though Beausoleil came back with Desrosiers in the finals and it paid off. He just played the game of his life, effectively winning the Cup with Rimouski.

He should be the starter for his team in the Memorial Cup, and don't expect to see him back in juniors after this. It seems it might be a question of confidence with him. Very skilled and he showed just how good he could be tonight. A wall.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He was the player of the game in game 6 in my opinion. Made some big stops on odd man rushes as Rimouski was trying to tie the game up, which they did eventually.

That said, with the way his season has been going, he could get yanked in game 1 of the Memorial Cup and it wouldn't shock me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad