G Olof Lindbom - Djurgården J20, Superelit (2018, 39th, NYR)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's a classic guy of.. you can't use goalie stats to determine a goalies worth.

His league numbers are atrocious but he played well in the U-18.

Lindbom, Dostal, Annunen and Rodrigue all showed that they are legitimate NHL goalie prospects. While the USA goalies didn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's a classic guy of.. you can't use goalie stats to determine a goalies worth.

His league numbers are atrocious but he played well in the U-18.

Lindbom, Dostal, Annunen and Rodrigue all showed that they are legitimate NHL goalie prospects. While the USA goalies didn't inspire a lot of confidence.

You think Knight didn't inspire a lot of confidence?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nope. Not when I watched him. He was over playing a lot of angles, slow to react. He wasn't comfortable in net all tournament, neither was DeRidder.

:facepalm:

Did you watch any games besides the one against Switzerland? He was phenomenal against Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic and Finland. Our best player in a few of those games.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Don’t love this pick as the Rangers have arguably the strongest goalie system in hockey with Shestyorkin, Georgiev, Huska, and Wall. At the same time, we’ve drafted goalies remarkably well in recent years.

This guy had rough numbers in his league but a sensational u18. Seems like a real reach at #39.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Awful, awful pick at that point in the draft with what was left on the board. This guy absolutely would have been available in the third if not later, and even if he wasn't, who cares? Capable NHL goaltenders are almost a dime a dozen at this point.

I wonder if this means something is up with Shestyorkin?

Reactions: Killerjas

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Awful, awful pick at that point in the draft with what was left on the board. This guy absolutely would have been available in the third if not later, and even if he wasn't, who cares? Capable NHL goaltenders are almost a dime a dozen at this point.

I wonder if this means something is up with Shestyorkin?

Even if there was, I hate the idea of going with a goalie in the first two rounds unless he's an actual brick wall.

Plus, I like Paddock :D

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gorton said he was "first overall of all the goalies by a longshot." Interesting stance. I hope they are right.

What is Lindbom's role going to be this season with Djurgarden? Does he have a good chance at making the WJC team this year?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Gorton said he was "first overall of all the goalies by a longshot." Interesting stance. I hope they are right.

What is Lindbom's role going to be this season with Djurgarden? Does he have a good chance at making the WJC team this year?

Some rumblings now about him going over to play in the CHL. If he stays it will most likely be in a similar role as last season, because he's not ready to play in the SHL just yet.

World Junior team is hard to crack, sounds like Adam Åhman and Olle Eriksson Ek have the inside crack to be #1 and #2 and then they might bring an underage third goalie. Lindbom should have a good chance of getting that position but could be challenged by 2002 born Jesper Wallstedt who is a goalie prospect doing things Sweden has rarerly seen at that age.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not sure I like the idea of him playing in the CHL, although I guess since he was drafted out of the SHL, he's not required to stay there for two years.

Maybe one year in the OHL wouldn't be so bad, especially if he isn't going to play with Djurgarden.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
Jeff Gorton also said that picks like this can be bargaining tools. There's teams who need goalies and Rangers have several.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Don’t love this pick as the Rangers have arguably the strongest goalie system in hockey with Shestyorkin, Georgiev, Huska, and Wall. At the same time, we’ve drafted goalies remarkably well in recent years.

This guy had rough numbers in his league but a sensational u18. Seems like a real reach at #39.

I would have minded picking him at 39 less if we still had 48.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Would’ve been fun if he had a great D1 season. Sounded like the most surprising pick of the entire draft, and as much as he should get a pass for the injuries, he’s already following the footsteps of other NYR 2nd round goalie picks

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Would’ve been fun if he had a great D1 season. Sounded like the most surprising pick of the entire draft, and as much as he should get a pass for the injuries, he’s already following the footsteps of other NYR 2nd round goalie picks

My question is generating value: if he does well and becomes a league average goalie, what’s that worth but a 2nd round pick?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thats good to hear.

He was over-drafted and everyone realizes that, but there's no point in making much of that now.

The team needs all the good players it can get. He's behind Shestyorkin in the goalie queue, but besides that, our goalie prospects have potential, but they aren't sure-things.

Hopefully he can have a good end to the season, and then can be the Swedish starter at the World Juniors next season.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I only watched the first period of the game today but he looked solid and didn't have much of a chance stopping the goal against. No idea how he looked on the other 4 goals he let in though.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad