G Matthew Galajda - NCAA, Univ. Notre Dame (Undrafted 2016)

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
Undrafted and Unsigned.
Yet, he's one of the best NCAA Goalies of the past 5 Years, and even was a Hobey Baker Finalist in 2018.

Noone has signed him yet, Yet he seems very deserving of at least an AHL Contract, even though he's 25.

So what Gives?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's okay, tends to swim a lot in the net and that gets him out of position quite a bit. McKay from Minnesota State is the best UFA goaler after Fanti and there is an arguement that he's better than Fanti. He's the bloke you should watch for when it comes to potential UFAs to go after. Dryden and Brandon Bussi from Western Michigan, but Bussi has some Pekka Rinneitis where he's got great size, but plays too aggressive because he has the athleticism and that makes so many holes in his body to shoot at. Brandon has interesting potential though.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
Matthew Galajda held Minnesota State to 1 Goal on 33 Shots in the Regional Finals.

Dryden McKay's Shutout that same game is the only Reason why he hasn't carried Notre Dame to the Final Four!

Note: Dyden McKay also isn't signed by an NHL Team yet.
I know they're both 6'0", but give them a chance, damn it!

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Mega ultra bump, but Galajda has signed with Djurgardens in Allsvenskan, in 2 games he has a 1.93 GAA and a .929 SV%, although it's 0-2-0.

I'm interested in this guy cause he's taking such a unique career path. I find it so hard to believe after the numbers he has put up everywhere he has played that he didn't get NHL or AHL offers.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mega ultra bump, but Galajda has signed with Djurgardens in Allsvenskan, in 2 games he has a 1.93 GAA and a .929 SV%, although it's 0-2-0.

I'm interested in this guy cause he's taking such a unique career path. I find it so hard to believe after the numbers he has put up everywhere he has played that he didn't get NHL or AHL offers.

I think you’ve got it wrong. You are not accounting for his age. In his draft season, he was an average BCHL player and he was also one of the older players in that draft. If you account for his age, JT’s not been that great. He’s 25 years old and in his first season of pro hockey.

Being 6’0 doesn’t help either. Teams are going to be skeptical until this guy is doing it in the NHL.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
I think you’ve got it wrong. You are not accounting for his age. In his draft season, he was an average BCHL player and he was also one of the older players in that draft. If you account for his age, JT’s not been that great. He’s 25 years old and in his first season of pro hockey.

Being 6’0 doesn’t help either. Teams are going to be skeptical until this guy is doing it in the NHL.

Sure absolutely, but there are always teams looking for goaltending depth, and... 25 or not, you'd think someone with a .931 across 4 college seasons would at least get AHL offers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad