Confirmed with Link: G Matt Murray is out indefinitely, will be put on LTIR prior to season starting.

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
Five concussions in five years.
But those are in the past, across a 5 year span. What injury did he just sustain this off-season to cause him to go on the LTIR right as his second buyout window opened?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Doesn’t a Dr etc need to sign off on LTIRs???? Media make it sound like the two parties need to agree sounding like it’s nothing lol. I don’t get this whole LTIR thing and insurance etc
With concussions it's majority in the player. Hard to prove someone isn't having blinding headaches or blurred vision etc.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Who gives a f*** if it’s real or not, all that matters is he’s on LTIR and we don’t have to worry about his cap hit or spending assets to get rid of his contract. We should be happy.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
But those are in the past, across a 5 year span. What injury did he just sustain this off-season to cause him to go on the LTIR right as his second buyout window opened?
The Leafs have not released any information on the type of injury.

Reactions: Menzinger

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
You may have lost that sense of hopelessness when the Leafs placed Murray on LTIR.

I'm sure it was short lived once you realized Ilya Samsonov isn't the second coming of Martin Brodeur however.

Every year the Leafs go out early in the playoffs. Every year they blame the goaltending. Every year they fail to significantly improve on it.

If you're not gonna learn from your stupid mistakes you may as well keep on repeating them I guess.

The team is an offensive juggernaut. The defense is sound if unspectacular. But the goaltending, my god, the goaltending.

We can’t just hashtag the word “help” and hope it shows up.

We may as well mail a letter to Santa asking him to drop off a Vezina caliber goalie. Because the ones they have right now kinda stink.They continue to goalied every year in the playoffs and the solution is Samsonov, Woll, and Jones.

It would have been even worse if Murray didn't go on LTIR.

Last edited:

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
How do we insure that Murray doesn't get off the island? We need to stop marine traffic so he doesn't become a stowaway, there are no planes since Sunwing bit the dust, too far to swim the shark infested waters.
If the Leafs look real good and become a potential cup winner I am sure Bettman will investigate and screw us.
1993, Bettman becomes head honcho of NHL. The number of Stanley winners from Canada since 1993. ZERO.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
How do we insure that Murray doesn't get off the island? We need to stop marine traffic so he doesn't become a stowaway, there are no planes since Sunwing bit the dust, too far to swim the shark infested waters.
If the Leafs look real good and become a potential cup winner I am sure Bettman will investigate and screw us.
1993, Bettman becomes head honcho of NHL. The number of Stanley winners from Canada since 1993. ZERO.
Don’t worry, they can find a physician to support their claim..…

1693572971426.jpeg

Reactions: Primary Assist

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It is really simple and it is already done .. leafs wanted to buyout Murray .. Murray did not want it .. said he still has bad headaches .. leafs inform nhl .. nhl agrees .. murray on ltir to start season .. much like kucherov situation, tampa did not have room when kuch was ready to come back mid to late in season .. so no one wants a CAP infraction so he practices with team and plays again in playoffs .. da nhl will not force a team to make a terrible deal to fit in a contract once season starts .. da real issue is da CBA and anytime you have a hard CAP system you will always have troubles with injuries

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad