G Kristers Gudļevskis (2013, 124th overall, Tampa Bay)

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Yzerman got a steal of a goalie drafted him after the World Championships . He is doing unreal in the Olympics for Latvia

What is the scouting report on this guy?

Big, athletic, but still needs time.

His numbers are pretty impressive considering he has gone from russian juniors to the AHL within half a year and plays behind a mediocre team.
His potential has yet to be determined, but NHL upside is definitly there. Wether it's starting potential remains to be seen.
Anyway couldn't be any happier about SY newest draft find. Eventhough Ikonen is even a one round younger find :nasty

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Syracuse will be rolling with Vasilevskiy-Gudlevskis next year. That's going to be one hell of a tandem.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
He was amazing in last years wc, should have gone a lot higher than 124th.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
haha I knew a thread would be going on about this guy after this performance he is putting on vs canada

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's been surprising Tampa Bay all year. They kept him on longer than expected in preseason to keep him practicing with the team. They put him in the ECHL and within a couple of months he'd pushed his way into an AHL job and into the starter's role. They recently called him up when Lindback got injured.

Stock rising like a rocket.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
He's been surprising Tampa Bay all year. They kept him on longer than expected in preseason to keep him practicing with the team. They put him in the ECHL and within a couple of months he'd pushed his way into an AHL job and into the starter's role. They recently called him up when Lindback got injured.

Stock rising like a rocket.

Not to mention that he is a big game goalie. Shutout in his first ECHL game (first ever NA game), Shutout im his first AHL game and now 2 Goals on 57 shots against a team of allstars.

This guy sure knows how to handle pressure

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
A little premature to say that about a guy you hadn't heard of yesterday.

Thats nothing new for great Tampa prospects. A lot of people didn't know who Palat was till we first played their teams this season.

Tampa fans are excited about him since rookie camp/ main camp right after we drafted him. Since then he has done nothing to shorten expectations.

Seriously a mit of promising Tampa prospects are mostly unknown around the league. Or have you ever heard much about the likes of Cedric Paquette, Nikita Nesterov, Henri Ikonen or Adam Wilcox?

mynameistickle

Sep 9, 2009
Richmond, VA
Seriously a mit of promising Tampa prospects are mostly unknown around the league. Or have you ever heard much about the likes of Cedric Paquette, Nikita Nesterov, Henri Ikonen or Adam Wilcox?

I'd like to know how Wilcox compares to Gudlevskis. I realize Wilcox hasn't been tested and shown great might against the best Canadian players in the NHL, but from what I've seen he's a big game goalie too. He has absolutely been stellar for Minnesota in his Freshman and now Sophomore campaigns. He owns the most wins of any goaltender prospect, period, across all leagues and levels.

I'd just like to get a sense of where he'd fall if Vasilevskiy and Gudlevskis have the AHL duo wrapped up. A trade of either Lindback or Gudlevskis is the only way Wilcox could see pro action if he decides to make the jump. I'm sure he'll play out his Junior year, but he might forgo his Senior year. Seems like a pretty crowded crease in TB which is never a bad thing at all.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
IM a KHL fan, but this kid played in a tournament in my home town when he was 16 and he stole the show. Been following him through the MHL/KHL the past few years, cant say Im surprised. He is definitely a stud. A lot of guys come from Europe undrafted, IMO their is always a bull market for goalies the Euro market is largely untapped.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I'd like to know how Wilcox compares to Gudlevskis. I realize Wilcox hasn't been tested and shown great might against the best Canadian players in the NHL, but from what I've seen he's a big game goalie too. He has absolutely been stellar for Minnesota in his Freshman and now Sophomore campaigns. He owns the most wins of any goaltender prospect, period, across all leagues and levels.

I'd just like to get a sense of where he'd fall if Vasilevskiy and Gudlevskis have the AHL duo wrapped up. A trade of either Lindback or Gudlevskis is the only way Wilcox could see pro action if he decides to make the jump. I'm sure he'll play out his Junior year, but he might forgo his Senior year. Seems like a pretty crowded crease in TB which is never a bad thing at all.

Real good problem to have. Don't forget we have Janus hiding out waiting too. But we have no idea, we just go with the Yzerplan.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kid showed a lot of heart and ability today and seems to be making quick progress in Tampa's system. Between the emergence of Bishop this year, this guy and Vasilevski, Tampa has serious depth to trade from. I just wish the guy wore the old school cage and drove over his pads with the team bus.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Guy played awesome today. Tampa's goalie situation has been a source of worry for the future. Not with this guy in their system IMO.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Guy played awesome today. Tampa's goalie situation has been a source of worry for the future. Not with this guy in their system IMO.

Vasilevskiy is a higher regarded prospect and they have Bishop, who is fairly young.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Heroic performance today.

I don't know if there is an NHL goalie there but he has the potential.

Consistency is the key for NHL'ers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad