G Jonas Johansson (2014, 61st, BUF)

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
The Next Ones profile on Johansson by THW's goalie guru Toli Metter:

Excerpt:

"Playing with the Brynäs teams of the J18 Elit and Allsvenskan since the 2010-2011 hockey season, Johansson has definitely stood out as an interesting prospect for several seasons – and it’s not due to his towering height (6’3.75″) at just 18 years of age.

Of course, Johansson’s height is one of his biggest assets, but that certainly hasn’t impeded the goalie from refining other aspects of his game. As a butterfly goalie, Johansson features a strong glove hand, solid lateral movements, good athleticism, and the requisite mental acuity required to be a successful professional netminder.

With several seasons of developmental play under his belt, Johansson..."

For the full in depth profile click here

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Recalled by BUF (Ullmark injured). Good stats in AHL this year.

Goalies are near impossible to project, but he has really clawed his way back into the discussion. He has been excellent in the Rochester games I have seen, so I am excited to see him get a game or two in the NHL. If he maintains a sub 5.0 GAA or wins a single game, he should jump Carter Hutton on the depth chart.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How does he figure into the goalie situation in Buffalo in upcoming seasons? This guy has to be one of the least heralded prospects in recent years to make it to the NHL. I hadn't even heard of him prior to his NHL debut, and he was picked 61st.

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
How does he figure into the goalie situation in Buffalo in upcoming seasons? This guy has to be one of the least heralded prospects in recent years to make it to the NHL. I hadn't even heard of him prior to his NHL debut, and he was picked 61st.

Anything can happen but I think he's a backup maybe, Ullmark was good this year and still young , Luukkonen is the their future guy unless his development goes sideways.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
All of the sudden Buffalo has a stockpile of interesting goalie prospects. Interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad