G Jeremy Brodeur - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2015 undrafted)

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
Son of Marty. Flew wayyy under the radar, most teams didn't even think he'd consider the OHL so they passed. Some think Jeremy is better than Anthony, should be interesting to see how he fares in the OHL.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Darren Pang II

If he was putting up those numbers with Shattuck U16 or Prep I think more people would be on board with your hype. But he's beyond small and isn't playing at the highest level - I hope he's in the OHL next season just to see what he's like at that level. I'm still more interested in Anthony

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
You just simply don't know who Jeremy Brodeur is then. Beyond small? He's 6'0.5 160

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
He'll probably stay at Shattucks and go the college route
He should have been drafted last year, but I don't believe he was eligible.
You have to think that there was a reason why he was deemed eligible this year.

Plus, he seems pretty interested on Twitter.

Darren Pang II

If he was putting up those numbers with Shattuck U16 or Prep I think more people would be on board with your hype. But he's beyond small and isn't playing at the highest level - I hope he's in the OHL next season just to see what he's like at that level. I'm still more interested in Anthony
He mentioned something about the OHL numbers being way outdated, so I'd guess he's closer to what the thread starter mentioned (6' 160).

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils now
Brodeur on son Jeremy being drafted by Oshawa (OHL); "He's really happy about that. He's excited. We don't know yet if he'll go that route."

Brodeur on Jeremy: "If he plays 1 game (in OHL) he loses all his eligibility for school. But of all my kids he's most likely to go to Jrs.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
he's a 1996. why wasn't he drafted last year?
Like I said, he was only recently deemed eligible.
OHL Central Scouting has to make sure kids meet residency requirements so that they can't just circumvent the draft system the CHL has in place, whether it's territories or the Import Draft.
This year, Korostelev is an example of someone who was deemed eligible, while Cody Petawabano and Dennis Yan are examples of those deemed ineligible despite playing in OHL territory.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Just sad for his twin brother William who doesn't get any credit since he's the only family member not playing goalie. Haha!

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
You just simply don't know who Jeremy Brodeur is then. Beyond small? He's 6'0.5 160

Well last time I saw him was last summer so I guess I can believe he had a growth spurt. I won't believe it until I see it though :laugh: He could be 6'9" I still wouldn't be completely sold on him anyway, he did well with Shattuck but it was their AAA team. Like I said, I hope he makes the OHL team so we can see what level he's at but I'd still rather Anthony at this moment, that can still change lol

DevilChuk*

Well last time I saw him was last summer so I guess I can believe he had a growth spurt. I won't believe it until I see it though :laugh: He could be 6'9" I still wouldn't be completely sold on him anyway, he did well with Shattuck but it was their AAA team. Like I said, I hope he makes the OHL team so we can see what level he's at but I'd still rather Anthony at this moment, that can still change lol

Marty's quote in a recent TG article:

“We’ll see. I think out of all my kids he’s the most likely to go to junior. He’s more like me, I guess.â€

Although Jeremy is listed at 5-foot-7, 115 pounds on the OHL draft website, Brodeur said he’s really 6-1, 165.

“He’s a tall kid,†he said. “It’s fun just to see his reaction today. It’s great.

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011

You must've seen another kid, he's been 5'11-6'0 since spring 2012.

Kershaw

I hope he gets good.

And the Rangers draft him.

And win the cup with him as the starting goalie, robbing Matteau multiple times in the ECF game 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad