G Jean-Francois Berube (2009, 95th, LAK; 2015 claimed, NYI)

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
Beyond a great game for the kid last night, Isles brass seem to love what this kid brings...now Athur Staple, the team's beat writer, is suggesting Halak may never play another game for the isles, and they will roll with Berube and Greiss next season...Kings fans, is this kid really as good as he looks?

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
Speculated by @stapenewsday on twitter...

Cites cost, injuries, work habits...

I know Berube was beauty in the AHL for Manchester, but want to know what Kings fans think of the kid...

Would Berube have been the no 2 if not for the Enroth signing? Begs the question- why did they sign Enroth?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Berube is very average at best. Was just average at the AHL level. Sure he won the Calder Cup behind a strong Manchester squad, but posted a sub .900 save percentage in the process. He was a middling .913 goalie in the American League for most of his career. He has played strong for NYI it seems so far, but I don't think he'll last as an NHL goalie. Goalies can be very variable over short stretchs so I don't much into his limited stats this year.

He was the Kings 4th goalie this year in training camp. Unfortunately both #3 (Patrik Bartosak) and #4 (Berube) are no longer in Kings plans.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Swap Berube for Greiss in title.
Was gonna say the same thing. The thread title was somewhat misleading...Greiss could take Halak's job next yr and Berube would be Greiss' backup in that case. Either way, I doubt that happens.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Was gonna say the same thing. The thread title was somewhat misleading...Greiss could take Halak's job next yr and Berube would be Greiss' backup in that case. Either way, I doubt that happens.

That's how it will go I'm sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad