Prospect Info: G Jared Moe (2018 6th, 184th overall)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This was such a steal this late. But in this draft alone I like how we took prospects we weren't really in the need to rush into the pros.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Grab one a year, every year. You'll always have a pipeline of talent that _may_ turn into something. He's at least 3 years from turning pro. Perfectly fine timeline for what the Jets have right now.
Yeah I'm definitely OK with this strategy, much preferred to going after the higher ranked guys earlier!

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Great pick by the looks of it. Overtook Matej Tomek who was a goalie I really rated when he was playing in the NAHL.

It's interesting because after Hellebuyck I know myself and others have really broadened there look out to leagues like the NAHL for goalie prospects.

Reactions: JetsFan815

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Other than maybe Gustafsson, this is the pick I’m probably most pleased with.
I have a hard time getting excited about goalie prospects. Even the best ones are long shots that'll require at least 3 years of development before they are projectable. I like the pick. I like that we have both him and Berdin in the system.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Other than maybe Gustafsson, this is the pick I’m probably most pleased with.
I have a hard time getting excited about goalie prospects. Even the best ones are long shots that'll require at least 3 years of development before they are projectable. I like the pick. I like that we have both him and Berdin in the system.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Sounds like an extremely athletic kid with good in game focus. Personally I had identified him and Dostal as goalies I liked if the Jets were going to take a shot at one somewhere.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Love this pick! He was on my sleeper list. He plays the angles well, is quick laterally, and is extremely competative.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
21 goalies were picked before this guy. I'll keep my expectations low.
Eh. 31 goalies were picked ahead of Hellebuyck. Including an entire draft. It's generally good to keep expectations low for goalies, since they are a complete crapshoot in the draft.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
How else is he going to stay in shape and get ready for the upcomming season?

Of Course he is going to work out!!!

If it leads anywhere useful..... as a Jets prospect is the real question.

Berdin is the future backup to Helly...

I have little faith in Commrie at the N.H.L. level

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
How else is he going to stay in shape and get ready for the upcomming season?

Of Course he is going to work out!!!

If it leads anywhere useful..... as a Jets prospect is the real question.

Berdin is the future backup to Helly...

I have little faith in Commrie at the N.H.L. level
Grubauer was meant to be the future back up to Holtby. In comes Samsonov, and out goes Grubauer. Such is the life of a NHLer: if there is somebody who can do your job for cheaper, you're as good as gone.

Treat Berdin as the interim backup to whoever is next in line. While you're at it, better look for our Hellebuyck replacement for the future too.

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
Moe is going to get a chance to play against some of the pros in Da Beauty League in MN.
Current & former Jets Byfuglien, Bogosian & Hendricks too.
Streaming tonight perhaps.
Home

Dh2Id2BUwAA1e8R.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad