G Igor Bobkov - Admiral Vladivostok, KHL (2009, 76th, ANA - Free Agent)

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Saw his name come up on the Goalies for 17/18 thread but thought it deserved its own thread.

26 years old now, KHL allstar this year was sub 2.00 GAA (until his last game), now is a 2.03 with a .933 sv%. His contract is done at the end of the year, do you think any team bites in the NHL?

It's often said that big goalies usually hit their stride right around this age. Could be a sleeper FA signing for a team.

Hopefully those who've seen him play can shed some light.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=34768

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Well, never thought I'd see his name pop up here :laugh:

It'll be cool to see if he's interested in coming over to NA. Perhaps he'd return to Anaheim?

Son of Petter

Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Seems like there are quite a few teams that need backups/goaltending. Not sure if he comes over but seems very similar to the Anders Nilsson situation of a couple years ago.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well first of all, I don't think he is good enough to play in the NHL. Secondly, he is going to get paid really well after this season, at this stage of his career I don't think he wants to miss out on that chance.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Well first of all, I don't think he is good enough to play in the NHL. Secondly, he is going to get paid really well after this season, at this stage of his career I don't think he wants to miss out on that chance.

Yeah, if I was him, the only way I would come to the NHL would be on a one-year deal where I was guaranteed as the starter to begin the year. That way he would have an opportunity to earn a big contract the following year in the NHL.

I don't think that will happen, so I doubt he comes over.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Back when he was an Anaheim prospect IIRC he was pretty devoted to play in the NHL one day.
Whatever he choses to do I wish him luck.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Yeah, I would be quite certain that he isn't coming back for a two-way contract. A team would have to be sold enough on him to go one-way.

Son of Petter

Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
EP has him listed as an expiring contract in 17/18 now but no mention of him signing a one year anywhere. Has anyone seen anything?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad