G Filip Gustavsson - Luleå HF, SHL (2016, 55th, PIT, traded to OTT)

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Looked solid for being thrown in to a tough spot

Also dropped this gem in his post game availability

Last edited:

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Nice little run. That 3rd start could have gone better. Hoping we will see him regularly next season. Not sure what they are planning now with Forsberg and Murray returning.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Nice little run. That 3rd start could have gone better. Hoping we will see him regularly next season. Not sure what they are planning now with Forsberg and Murray returning.

Hogberg is back too. Forsberg probably to the taxi squad soon and Gus in Belleville getting starts.

Reactions: brakeyawself

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Great game. Second of a back to back. Looked good in first, but great in second. Not quite Swayman dominant, but not far off. Going to be interesting what they do next season. Gus and Murray, 1a 1b? Not sure they could move Murray. But think they need to give Gus a chance as he’s looking legit. At least for now I’d say he’s looks like their future and perhaps present at GK. Sens putting together a very talented group of young players at all positions. They looking like a real force long term.

Don’t think would make sense to hold him back in favor of FORSberg or Hogberg at this point. Maybe one of those guys in place of the overpaid Murray? Lol. But not sure that’s possible with his contract. Crazy how far Murray has regressed at such a young age, in what should be his prime.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He has picked up this season right were he left off last. Getting hard not to get excited about how good he may be. Can't remember a Senators goaltender as efficient and poised as him. It is a shame circumstances will likely put him back in the AHL.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
He has picked up this season right were he left off last. Getting hard not to get excited about how good he may be. Can't remember a Senators goaltender as efficient and poised as him. It is a shame circumstances will likely put him back in the AHL.

Is there a chance he becomes the backup full time, or is the worry you lose him to waivers. I agree he could be good/ive liked him the few games I've caught

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Is there a chance he becomes the backup full time, or is the worry you lose him to waivers. I agree he could be good/ive liked him the few games I've caught

He's waiver exempt, our two other goalies aren't, so he will be sent back down once Murray is healthy again, and won't be called up unless there is an injury to Murray or Forseberg. Given Murray's injury record though, there is a very good chance he will get a decent amount of games. He won't be the official backup until we either trade away Forseberg at the deadline or in the offseason. He should become the full time backup next year, I think his contract is one way only then, wouldn't be surprised if he steals the starting job entirely next year.

Edit: Just realized Forseberg is not signed next year, he's UFA. So most likely Gus will be the full time backup then, if not at this year's TDL

Last edited:
Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
This kid just stops pucks. Moves side to side so well and has incredible reaction speed.

Seems to always get forgotten and overlooked, even by Sens fans. But hes very clearly the goalie of the future for them. Hard to believe the Sens got the 1st round pick and Gus from the Pens for Brassard (who cost the Sens the fat/lazy version of Zibanejad and lost miserably in the end).

Reactions: SENStastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad