G Devon Levi - Rochester Americans, AHL (2020, 212th, FLA; traded to BUF)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A 52-save effort to steal an OT win versus the Marlies today and up to a .930 save percentage over 10 games. Three of his wins are 40+ save efforts in his time in Rochester of the AHL as well. Hopefully he's getting the work he needed on his rebound control and staying in control around the crease - the numbers are thus far pretty good.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Talented goalie. Can become a really good backup to UPL in one year or so.
People tend to get very excited and rightly so. But let's not forget that UPL had 2 % better save percentage, 4 so. And this in a very weak team who look like amateurs some nights with their star D's looking like complete trash in their own zone.

In all honesty, potential wise I do believe that both of these goalies are starters or possibly even elite behind the right defense. I actually don't want to see neither being the backup in any franchise in the future. But... For now I do see UPL being the one with bigger potential as well. It's only two years between them and people tend to forget that too.

I hope someone gets traded in the nearest future. Reminds me a bit of Gibson- Dostal and especially Thomas-Rask. A bit too talented goalies for anyone being a typical backup.

Reactions: wetcoast

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Talented goalie. Can become a really good backup to UPL in one year or so.
People tend to get very excited and rightly so. But let's not forget that UPL had 2 % better save percentage, 4 so. And this in a very weak team who look like amateurs some nights with their star D's looking like complete trash in their own zone.

In all honesty, potential wise I do believe that both of these goalies are starters or possibly even elite behind the right defense. I actually don't want to see neither being the backup in any franchise in the future. But... For now I do see UPL being the one with bigger potential as well. It's only two years between them and people tend to forget that too.

I hope someone gets traded in the nearest future. Reminds me a bit of Gibson- Dostal and especially Thomas-Rask. A bit too talented goalies for anyone being a typical backup.

It's almost three years between them (2 years, 9 months). He has time to work on his game, if that pushes 6K, all the better. In the meantime, Luukkonen has had a nice run and finally looks like the Sudbury version of himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad