G - Devin Buffalo: Flin Flon Bombers

Duir

Bombers on the warpath! Hopefully he gets a look from the NCAA and continues his development.

Great to see the SJHL get some recognition too. Good prairie hockey league.

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
Looks like he's committed to Dartmouth for the 14-15 season. Really hope this kid makes it to the show one day.

Qvist

Apr 14, 2009
Sorry to any locals, but I still am unable to read the name "Flin Flon" without flinching. Seriously, how can anyone give any place a name as silly as that?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Sorry to any locals, but I still am unable to read the name "Flin Flon" without flinching. Seriously, how can anyone give any place a name as silly as that?

The town comes from the name of a character in a novel, the name being 'Flintabaty Flonitan'. A prospector found it near a mining claim and named the town after the character, shorting the name to Flin Flon.

Seriously, google is your friend and the town's name is quite well respected both in the community and in the province.

And yes, I've been there numerous 100's of times.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
So you're probably not much of a fan of Walla Walla or Kleena Kleene?

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
on a more serious note, this city cranked out 2 nhl superstars in the 70s. bobby clarke and reggie leach. i did see buffalo play, game 5 in humboldt. oh he is a good goalie, that is true. without that kid humboldt would have destroyed flin flon without breaking a sweat. 3 of the games went to o.t. with humboldt winning 4 games to 1. can buffalo play ncaa. he most certainly could. who ever nabs him, is gonna get themselves a good goalie. you guys need to travel more, their are thousands of cities-towns with funny names. in the southwest part of my province their is a town called, Love. and further south is a town called, Climax:laugh:and Climax cranked out former bruins #1 pick, Gord Cluzak. sadly Love did not crank out any nhlers.

afrobomber11

May 23, 2010
Flin Flon Manitoba
on a more serious note, this city cranked out 2 nhl superstars in the 70s. bobby clarke and reggie leach. i did see buffalo play, game 5 in humboldt. oh he is a good goalie, that is true. without that kid humboldt would have destroyed flin flon without breaking a sweat. 3 of the games went to o.t. with humboldt winning 4 games to 1. can buffalo play ncaa. he most certainly could. who ever nabs him, is gonna get themselves a good goalie. you guys need to travel more, their are thousands of cities-towns with funny names. in the southwest part of my province their is a town called, Love. and further south is a town called, Climax:laugh:and Climax cranked out former bruins #1 pick, Gord Cluzak. sadly Love did not crank out any nhlers.

that series was tighter than 4-1 indicates, buff was unreal in the playoffs, he started the season on fire, kinda cooled off, but came on hot when it was most necessary

hes not the biggest guy but has really good reflexes and improving his rebound control by leaps and bounds, he still needs work on his positioning and consistancy but he has a few years of college to tweak that down

over the last few seasons the league has cranked out several good quality goalies

KK-Sean Cahill-Alaska
KK-Josh Thorimbert-Colorado College
KK/FF-Matt Weninger-St.Lawrence
FF-Carsen Chubak-Niagara *hobey baker candidate
BAT/FF/NIP-Ryan Kerpan-AIC
HUM-Andrew Bodnarchuk-Sacred Heart
HUM-Taylor Nelson-Ferris State *signs pro with worcester
FF-PJ Musico-Penn State
EST/WEY-Riley Hengen-Minot divIII
ND/NIP-Brody Hoffman-Vermont
KK-Alexandre Peck-Wentworth divIII
HUM-Kirk Croswell-Lindenwood divIII
EST-Chris Neamonitis-Concordia divIII
NIP-Wyatt Waselenchuk-Minot divIII
MVL-Travis Bosch-Bemidji/St. Norbert divIII

ND-Russell Abbott-Ottawa
ND/LAR-Adam Bartko-SAIT
WEY-Mitch Kilgore-Regina
YOR/LAR/EST-Joel Danyluk-Augustana
BAT-Kyle Birch-Portage
EST/BAT/MVL-Alex Sirard-Selkirk
ND-Matthew Smidt-Keyano
ND/HUM-Deven Dubyk-Manitoba
WEY-A.J. Whiffen-Regina
MFT-Jordan Washburn-Portage
ND-Andre-Michel Guay-Moncton
EST-Shayne Barrie-Regina
ND-Kraymer Barnstable-British Columbia

MFT-Charles-Albert Corsi-Italy2
ND/BAT/NIP-Adrien Lemay-Texas Stars(ahl)
MFT-Ilia Ejov-St.Petersburg(KHL)

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach

Pretty sure Climax cranked out every NHLer.

Westevez

Jul 6, 2009
that series was tighter than 4-1 indicates, buff was unreal in the playoffs, he started the season on fire, kinda cooled off, but came on hot when it was most necessary

hes not the biggest guy but has really good reflexes and improving his rebound control by leaps and bounds, he still needs work on his positioning and consistancy but he has a few years of college to tweak that down

over the last few seasons the league has cranked out several good quality goalies

KK-Sean Cahill-Alaska
KK-Josh Thorimbert-Colorado College
KK/FF-Matt Weninger-St.Lawrence
FF-Carsen Chubak-Niagara *hobey baker candidate
BAT/FF/NIP-Ryan Kerpan-AIC
HUM-Andrew Bodnarchuk-Sacred Heart
HUM-Taylor Nelson-Ferris State *signs pro with worcester
FF-PJ Musico-Penn State
EST/WEY-Riley Hengen-Minot divIII
ND/NIP-Brody Hoffman-Vermont
KK-Alexandre Peck-Wentworth divIII
HUM-Kirk Croswell-Lindenwood divIII
EST-Chris Neamonitis-Concordia divIII
NIP-Wyatt Waselenchuk-Minot divIII
MVL-Travis Bosch-Bemidji/St. Norbert divIII

ND-Russell Abbott-Ottawa
ND/LAR-Adam Bartko-SAIT
WEY-Mitch Kilgore-Regina
YOR/LAR/EST-Joel Danyluk-Augustana
BAT-Kyle Birch-Portage
EST/BAT/MVL-Alex Sirard-Selkirk
ND-Matthew Smidt-Keyano
ND/HUM-Deven Dubyk-Manitoba
WEY-A.J. Whiffen-Regina
MFT-Jordan Washburn-Portage
ND-Andre-Michel Guay-Moncton
EST-Shayne Barrie-Regina
ND-Kraymer Barnstable-British Columbia

MFT-Charles-Albert Corsi-Italy2
ND/BAT/NIP-Adrien Lemay-Texas Stars(ahl)
MFT-Ilia Ezhov-St.Petersburg(KHL)
Four of those goalies on that list have played for the Bombers in the past few years, too; including Chubak, who's up for the Hobey Baker.

The Flon has been quite a goalie factory lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad