G Dayton Rasmussen - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2017 Draft)

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
Didn't see a thread on him. 6'2, 200lbs goalie. Has started the season with 1.95 GAA and .929 save percentage in 4 games in the USHL. Some very good numbers.

From EP:
A full-framed goalie whose peak performance has scouts salivating, as many believe it hasn't even been touched yet. Tremendous balance and poise in the crease. Prototypical form and technique when it comes to taking elevated shots, and displays a very sharp glove hand. Excellent cross-crease movement and athleticism. Controls rebounds well and could stand to be a little bit more assertive. Tracks the puck very well and always knows where to be positionally.

Anyone seen him play? The scouting report makes him sound like a pretty good prospect.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Haven't seen him play but it's funny, Michael Rasmussen is a center eligible for this draft too but plays for Tri-City in the WHL :laugh: Michael is about 5 months younger though.

axepig

Jul 14, 2014
He's the starter for team USA in the WJAC today. He seems to be doing fine, only 1 goal agaisnt after 34min.

What do you guys look for goalies? I find it hard to see what makes a good goalie prospect and what are some bad traits to watch out for.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Any updates on this kid?

Started off the season well in Tri-City and was then moved to Chicago in February. Fought with Ales Stezka for the starting position and lost. Struggled with inconsistency which might be because it was more of a tandem role than what he dealt with in Tri-City. He's an intriguing prospect because of his overall quickness and footwork along with his puck tracking. It's a treat to watch how well he recovers on rebounds. The biggest issue Rasmussen faces is that he freezes up right before the shot hits him not allowing him to control his rebounds. It's frustrating watching a well put together goalie like Rasmussen just completely tanks at making active save selections leading to bad rebound control that puts his defense at a disadvantage.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Started off the season well in Tri-City and was then moved to Chicago in February. Fought with Ales Stezka for the starting position and lost. Struggled with inconsistency which might be because it was more of a tandem role than what he dealt with in Tri-City. He's an intriguing prospect because of his overall quickness and footwork along with his puck tracking. It's a treat to watch how well he recovers on rebounds. The biggest issue Rasmussen faces is that he freezes up right before the shot hits him not allowing him to control his rebounds. It's frustrating watching a well put together goalie like Rasmussen just completely tanks at making active save selections leading to bad rebound control that puts his defense at a disadvantage.

Great answer, thanks! Where do you see him going in the draft?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Great answer, thanks! Where do you see him going in the draft?

Pretty crappy answer but I'm running on 3 1/2 hours of sleep. So moving on I'd guess that Rasmussen is taken somewhere in the later rounds. I can see Anahiem taking him as they have a history with USHL goalies. I wouldn't touch him until the 6th round but I could see someone falling in love with him and taking him late 4th/early 5th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad