G Conrad Mölder - Sport, Liiga (2018 Draft)

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
I've been more than a bit surprised not seeing Conrad Mölder's name on the 2018 draft pre-rankings as Mölder is definitely one of the best goalies in this upcoming draft. Born and raised in Estonia, came to Finland four years ago and now plays in China (MHL).

Two weeks ago he moved from Pelicans organization to Kunlun Red Star junior team playing in Russian junior league MHL. Right after his two games in Kunlun he was awarded as the best goalie of the week. Yeah, it's only two games but it's a great start in a totally new environment and I hope he keeps up his good work.

As I said, born and raised in Estonia, Mölder can become the first Estonian NHL draftee in over two decades. Thus far the only drafted Estonian player is Toivo Suursoo in 1994 draft.

Shame he hasn't been interested in representing Estonian junior national teams. Hope he changes his mind in the (near) future, at least on what comes to representing Estonian men's national team.

Mölder's stats:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=249767

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Sounds a bit like Wouter Peeters in that he's a talented goalie from a country that doesn't produce much talent and isn't interested in playing for his national team.

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
Once again great game for Mölder. He plays in a team that is clearly below average but still he remains on amazing level.

Just take a look at his MHL stats:
http://engmhl.khl.ru/players/30138/games/

I'm becoming more sure that he is on Finland U20 roster in the next tournament played in Russia after two weeks.

Last edited:

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
Signed a 1+1 contract with Finnish league team Vaasan Sport as did his fellow countryman Robert Arrak. Mölder will mainly play with Sport juniors but will probably get a chance to play with men too.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
Not impossible to get games in Liiga. But Sport haven´t been a very good place for goalies to develope. Auren, Iilahti, Laakso... none of them really went forward there. Haven´t been much better with men either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad