G Carter Hart (2016, 48th, PHI)

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Flyers it is. The prospect goalie cupboard is officially overflowing in Philadelphia.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Interesting how everybody stopped talking about him after he was selected by the Flyers

The victim complex is funny. Have you not seen that 99.9% of Team Canada WJC rosters have Carter Hart as the number 1 goalie? Just what kind of discussion do you want to have about Hart? He's a fantastic goalie who is currently repeating his season from last year. Other goalies in his draft class are having great years too. Any other fan can say the same thing though: "Interesting how everyone stops talking about Fitzpatrick after he is drafted by the Blues", "Interesting how everyone stops talking about Parsons after he is drafted by the Flames", etc.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
The victim complex is funny. Have you not seen that 99.9% of Team Canada WJC rosters have Carter Hart as the number 1 goalie? Just what kind of discussion do you want to have about Hart? He's a fantastic goalie who is currently repeating his season from last year. Other goalies in his draft class are having great years too. Any other fan can say the same thing though: "Interesting how everyone stops talking about Fitzpatrick after he is drafted by the Blues", "Interesting how everyone stops talking about Parsons after he is drafted by the Flames", etc.

I'm aware of these things. My comment was in reference to this thread. Did I say anything about victimization?

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
I'm aware of these things. My comment was in reference to this thread. Did I say anything about victimization?

you didn't have to say anything about victimization for gigantor to analyze the comment you made and come to that conclusion. I know that I did

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Unless the player is 1st or 2nd overall, generally you won't see much in the prospect threads following the draft unless there's a really good game or an achievement.

You go from fans of 30 teams following and looking at the prospect to fans of a single team. And I assume you have a prospect thread on the Flyers board as well.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Interesting how everybody stopped talking about him after he was selected by the Flyers

I haven't. He was a complete steal. Size concerns kept him from the top 15 and he's really not small. I love this player. He has the mental makeup and skills to be an elite goalie.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
If everything goes as expected at the WJC with Hart being the starting goalie, assuming he plays decent there, does he have anything else left to prove at the junior level next season? What are the chances that he makes the NHL at 19?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If everything goes as expected at the WJC with Hart being the starting goalie, assuming he plays decent there, does he have anything else left to prove at the junior level next season? What are the chances that he makes the NHL at 19?

No need to rush him at all.

Stolarz was an AHL All Star last year and has a .927 SV% and 2.38 GAA. He will be on the Flyers next year unless something odd happens. And then we will have an experienced vet as the other guy.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
He was one of the main guys I wanted with our 2nd rounder. Looks like he's building off of last season and doing great.

FrozenSherbet

Oct 1, 2016
Best goalie I've seen in the WHL since Price. The only thing that worries me is his size. Doesn't seem to be an issue for him though.

On the upside, he's now listed 2" taller than he was at the time of the draft. On the downside, hockey does some fishy things with height measurements. It's pretty common for players to be listed 2" taller than they actually are due to wearing skates. I'm hoping in this case it just means he grew.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa

Yikes with the victim complex. After the draft, most fans focus on the guys who they draft whereas before the draft, they're going to talk about any player they want their team to draft.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
On the upside, he's now listed 2" taller than he was at the time of the draft. On the downside, hockey does some fishy things with height measurements. It's pretty common for players to be listed 2" taller than they actually are due to wearing skates. I'm hoping in this case it just means he grew.

They always fudge the numbers. For example the Royals have Phillips listed at 5'7 or 5'8 but having seen him live 50+ times he's definitely no taller than 5'6.

Hart definitely makes the most of his size though. Reminds me of Price where he never makes crazy saves, because he's always in position so he makes them look easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad