G Callum Booth - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2015, 93rd, CAR)

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Last edited:

MajorBoost

Apr 11, 2009
First thing I thought of. He has potential to be a starter in this league and now it looks like he's on the outside looking in with his situation in Quebec... Hopefully he's moved to a team where he could challenge for a job.

Am I the only one who thinks it's Brassard who's going to be traded? :nod:

MajorBoost

Apr 11, 2009
I'm sure Brassard and Flinn are out.

How old is Flinn ?

Why did Sherbrooke trade him ?

Flinn is an 18 years old this year.

If I were the GM, I'd trade Brassard for a king ransom and I would run this year with a tandom of Flinn and Booth. Next year for the Memorial Cup, I'd be comfortable of having Booth as the starter (a bit like Fucale this year) and a decent 19 years old back up like Flinn.

As to why Flinn was traded, I don't know. However, it seems like Sherbrooke valued Garbiel Parent much more than Flinn.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Flynn has a lot of potential. I was told he had another growing spurt and checked in at the Remparts camp at 6'7". Too bad it was initially Moncton that drafted him , he would have been a great fit for the Wildcats this season.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Flynn has a lot of potential. I was told he had another growing spurt and checked in at the Remparts camp at 6'7". Too bad it was initially Moncton that drafted him , he would have been a great fit for the Wildcats this season.
:amazed:

I guess over the course of two years he's went from 6'2'' 150 to 6'7'' 206..

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Boucher almost confirmed he would start the season with Brassard, Booth and Flinn. Brassard is going to Ottawa's camp anyway.

I'm pretty sure Brassard is on the trade market.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
:amazed:

I guess over the course of two years he's went from 6'2'' 150 to 6'7'' 206..

He's grown a lot, I'd say 6'7 is pretty accurate...

Remps are set up nicely with goalies. If they're looking towards a Memorial Cup run, trade Brassard this year... Flinn can start in this league, and probably will if Brassards traded.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Does anybody see Flinn as having NHL draft potential? I know he was on some lists last season but I'm not sure if the Phoenix's appalling season may have hurt him.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
G Callum Booth - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2015 Draft)

Not a lot of talks about him but he's one of the best goalie prospects for the 2015 Draft.

Callum Booth
Goalie
Left handed
6'2.5
196 lbs

He has nice stats so far this season despite giving up 9 goals in his first two games when most Remparts top players were still in NHL camps. He received 99 shots in these two games.

7 wins and 3 losses
2,88 GAA (6th in the league)
0,914 SAVE% (2nd in the league)

I also have to mention that he is going to school full time with 7 classes in CEGEP, which isn't very common in the CHL. Most QMJHL players have 3 or 4 classes each semester. Hard working kid.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=369419&binId=1.1332485&playlistPageNum=1

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Probably a late 1st/early 2nd round pick based on where the top junior goalies seem to go these days. Would have been a top 10 Q pick had it not been for the NCAA factor.

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
Bumping this thread, I saw the guy play 2-3 times, I know it's a really small sample, but he reminded me a lot of Carey Price, he looks calm and confident, and makes hard saves look easy. Really like the guy.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
I had him high before, but less so now. Hard to judge. will be hit or miss imo.
Quebec looking to bring in a new Goalie for the Memorial cup Run.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I had him high before, but less so now. Hard to judge. will be hit or miss imo.
Quebec looking to bring in a new Goalie for the Memorial cup Run.

Booth is an incredibly talented young goaltender.

When the Memorial Cup host has the option to add Team Canada's goaltender , it's just too hard to pass up. Not too mention experience playing a huge factor. Fucale has a lot of playoff and international experience and is a 19 year old veteran.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Booth is an incredibly talented young goaltender.

When the Memorial Cup host has the option to add Team Canada's goaltender , it's just too hard to pass up. Not too mention experience playing a huge factor. Fucale has a lot of playoff and international experience and is a 19 year old veteran.

There is no doubt in my mind Booth would have done a fantastic job on the way to the Memorial Cup. However, with a guaranteed shot in the Remparts want to ramp up their team. I can't say I blame them either.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
He'll likely be a Moosehead come Friday.

I'm not sure if it's an official policy, but I think CHL teams usually don't announce the trade of a player while they're away for the WJC, so it might be a while before it's officially announced.

Yep. I'm pretty sure it'll be two trades announced. They'll do the trade for Matt Murphy this week, that way they don't have to wait until January to get him like they will Fucale.

Booth will be a Moosehead in January.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Since Quebec acquired Fucale, Booth is 4-0, has a 1,67 GAA and a 0,947 SAVE %. He also blocked all 6 shots he received in the 2 shootouts.

Fucale will be a great mentor and motivator for him. He's a motivator even if he's not with the team yet!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad