G Antoine Coulombe, Shawinigan QMJHL (2020 NHL Draft)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The first goaltender choosen in the 2018 QMJHL draft is a solid prospect for 2020.

He has awful stats but plays on a pretty bad Shawinigan team. He was always a top goalie in the lower leagues and impressed everywhere he went. Was always considered the top goalie of his age group in the province. He has managed to crack the Q at 16 which is not common occurence. He already has 33 GP this season and could be the team's starter next year.

He is listed at 5'11, 186lbs at the moment. He is very technically sound.

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
He's really fallen off... by allowing 3 goals in his last 2 games, bringing his stats down to a measly 97.4 save%, 0.75 GAA.

It's unsustainable, of course, but it makes me laugh that his save % right now is 11% better than last year. That's gotta be one of the biggest swings I've ever seen. He has more wins in 5 games now than he had in 41 games last year.

He hasn't played very tough teams yet, but it's a hell of start. And with two other Cataractes slated to go relatively high in the draft this year, many scouts will get to see him play.

Last edited:

wein

Jul 2, 2013
He's really fallen off... by allowing 3 goals in his last 2 games, bringing his stats down to a measly 97.4 save%, 0.75 GAA.

It's unsustainable, of course, but it makes me laugh that his save % right now is 11% better than last year. That's gotta be one of the biggest swings I've ever seen. He has more wins in 5 games now than he had in 41 games last year.

He hasn't played very tough teams yet, but it's a hell of start. And with two other Cataractes slated to go relatively high in the draft this year, many scouts will get to see him play.

He’s let in 5 goals today. His start to the season has been crazy so far, I’m interested to see whether he keeps up a good pace or if he falls off.

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
He’s let in 5 goals today. His start to the season has been crazy so far, I’m interested to see whether he keeps up a good pace or if he falls off.
Saw most of the first. He wasn't great, but it was mostly his team getting dominated in the d-zone.

Then again, aside from coming in in relief against RN, Chicoutimi is the first actual great team he's faced this season, so maybe it should have been expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad