G Alex Nedeljkovic (2014, 37th, CAR)

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
He's posting great numbers in Plymouth this year - GP17, 11-1-2, 2.57GAA, .920Sv% - and I don't think I've seen anyone talk about him. He's listed at 6'00" on HockeyDB, which isn't great size for a goalie but he's still growing.

Anyone have a scouting report on him? Does he look like a top goalie prospect?

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
I've only seen him twice. One game he got the start and looked solid for two periods, but let in some weak ones on the third and almost blew the win. Other time was last weekend in relief effort and he looked solid, only let up one power play goal and made some huge saves. He'll need a larger sample size before we know more about him but hopefully that's coming soon because he's much better than their "starting" goalie.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Alex Nedeljkovic

Just wondering what kind of potential people see him having. He's having a great season in Plymouth with very respectable numbers.

Goalie
Born Jan 7 1996 -- Parma, OH
[17 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 186 -- Shoots R

GP - 25
Wins - 18
Losses - 2
T - 2
SO - 2
GAA - 2.25
SAV% - .924

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I've been mega impressed with him.

Matt Mahalak just wasn't able to iron out his consistency issues this year and he's lost his starting job to Nedeljkovic because of it.

He certainly doesn't look like a 16 year old goalie out there. Very composed and it's obvious that the Whalers are playing with a lot of confidence in front of him. I haven't personally seen him give up a really bad goal and he seems to react well to the play. Rebound control is even pretty decent for a rookie goaltender.

I'd say that right now, he's the top goalie prospect from the OHL for 2014. Devin Williams of Erie is right behind him, meaning Americans are occupying the top two spots at that position. The Ontario boys (Brent Moran, Matthew Mancina, Liam Herbst) have been shaky/inconsistent, not tested (playing Tier 2), or injured (knee surgeries).

cvandenberg22

Dec 25, 2012
Alex Nedeljkovic 2014 Plymouth

I was surprised to see that Alex Nedejkovic the goalie of the Plymouth Whalers was a 1986 born player. He had a 19-2-2 record in the regular season and has been amazing in the playoffs. He just stole a game against London with 61 saves!

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
*96 born. Alex Nedeljkovic appears to be a future STAR. What he is doing right now, is RARE and INCREDIBLE. 0.930 SV percentage is his first playoff run of 12GP so far, jaw dropping for any rookie goalie. He is one of two 96 goalies on an OHL roster and the kid is standing on his head, in the crunch time of the playoffs. This kid has no nerves.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Made a thread about him a month or two ago. His numbers certainly pop out at you and he's been very good in the games against London in the playoffs thus far. The only knock on him is that he doesn't have the size of a lot of the best goaltending prospects currently. Hopefully he can hit a bit of a growth spurt and get up around 6'2/3".

Canuck71*

His stats are unbelievable for a 16 year old and he has looked like an OHL veteran in his first season. Should be getting a lot more attention. I think what he has done in Plymouth this year is comparable to what Fucale did last year in Halifax. He's gunna be a good one.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
G Alex Nedeljkovic - Plymouth Whalers, OHL (2014 Draft)

The 6’ – 190 pound Plymouth Whalers’ goaltender is a native of Parma Ohio and is entering his second Ontario Hockey League Season. He was a 6th round pick – 120th overall – by the Whalers in the 2012 OHL Priority Draft. With veteran Matt Mahalak returning, no one expected Nedeljkovic would be taking the reins and running with them.

He took over the number one role for good in February and never looked back. Nedeljkovic finished the season appearing in 26 games with a 19-2-2 record. He compiled 2.28 goals against average and a .923 save percentage while posting 2 shutouts. He earned the Dinty Moore Trophy, given to the rookie goaltender with the best goals against average. He was also named to the OHL’s first rookie team.

Comparing players in this group to NHL players is something I personally try and avoid, but I did pose the question to the coach who replied “Alex's game is very simple with not a lot of excess movement so with that being said, I would compare him with the likes of a Cam Ward/ Ryan Miller.â€

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/alex-nedeljkovic-plymouth-whalers-player-profile

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I noticed Central Scouting has him listed as a "A" prospect, the only NA goalie thus far to achieve that distinction.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Nedes and Demko along with Gibson could be the next wave of talented US goalies...

Im very intrigued by Demko, although Nedelijovic is more of a "pro" polished goalie imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad