G Adin Hill - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2015, 76th, ARZ)

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Surprised how little talk there's been of him. He's in my book one of my top 5 overaged draft prospects. 6"4 is young for an overager, and had a great for a team that didn't seem to have a good defence (2.81 GAA, but a 921 Sv%), he's also in first year in the WHL. I have him ranked in the top 100 but I don't see him go until the 5th-6'th round.
Anyone who has seen him, can you comment on why he's been so good this year. As well why didn't he play last year n the WHL

Stats

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=62230

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Comes in at #33 on my final WHL player rankings, my top rated goalie from this league for the draft.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2015/05/final-whl-rankings-2015-nhl-draft.html

#33 Adin Hill*

Team: Portland Winterhawks
Position: G
Catches: L
Height: 6’3.5
Weight: 198
Record: 31-11-1-0
GAA: 2.81
Save %: .921
Shutouts: 2

Player Analysis: Adin Hill is a towering and long rookie goaltender for the Portland Winterhawks…is my highest rated WHL goaltender for the 2015 NHL Draft…burst onto the scene this year, playing well and taking over the Winterhawks crease during their tumultuous start to the season despite being a rookie…is absolutely massive…is both tall and wide…has a huge chest protector which makes him look almost like a lacrosse goalie…is not the most refined mover in the crease but has good speed in his side to side mobility…is quite athletic for a goaltender with his frame…has extremely long legs which gives him that extra inch here and there when sprawling out to make stops…he takes away the bottom of the net very well thanks to those long legs…spends a lot of time on his knees while the puck is located from the top of the circles-down…would definitely consider him to be more of a “blocker” than some of the other WHL goalies in this draft class…is not super consistent in his stance…have seen him be very crouched with a slight lean forward…have also seen him play tall and upright not unlike the previously mentioned lacrosse goaltender…while he takes away the lower part of the net well, he’s a bit more prone to get beat high based on my viewings…seems to track the puck well and has the size to see over and around screens…battles in the crease…is a true 1996-born player, eligible for his second NHL draft in 2015…finished the regular season with the best save percentage of any WHL goalie at .921…was tied for 5th in regular season wins in the WHL…finished 9th in the WHL in regular season goals against average…was never drafted into the WHL but was rather listed by the Portland Winterhawks…overall I have Hill rated as my top-ranked WHL goalie for the 2015 NHL Draft, slightly ahead of Nick McBride…his towering size, length and mobility make for an intriguing prospect despite the need for plenty of refining and tightening within his skillset…while I’m not sure I see a potential NHL starting goaltender in him, his strong performance this year is too good to go unrewarded…he would be a player that I wouldn’t hesitate to select starting in about the 6th round of the 2015 NHL Draft and feel he will come off the board somewhere in that range as well…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad