FYI: Ottawa GM Change

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Gentlemen,

Please note that Nick Barretta is no longer authorized to act on behalf of the Ottawa Senators, as he has been terminated as the franchise's GM, effective immediately. A new GM should be announced shortly.

Respectfully,

Da Commish

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
New GM will have an interesting senario of rebuilding or going for the cup right away this year with Nik Lindstrom and then his other defense trade this year

DiamondJoeQuimby

Jun 3, 2005
New York State
New GM Speaks on Team

Hello everyone I am the new Ottawa Senators GM. MSN ID is the same as my e-mail address.

Let me start by saying it is a great honor to begin the job with a team loaded with talent like this one. I won't have to work 2 years to get a top flight goaltender. Zetterberg and Kesler are two of the best centermen in the league. Our #1 defenseman is probably the best European defenseman ever.

If only the prospects the organization has were so good :) No offense but if I could release them, I'd cut a lot of them :) But a very wise previously employed GM drafted Bobrovsky. He will come in handy in the future.

First move I am offically making is I am signing Brett Carson to an ELC. Obviously this team needs defensive depth. Salei got hurt in the preseason and will be missing for awhile longer, Campbell is almost ready. I'll be looking mainly for support players, 3rd/4th line forwards and #4 thru #6 defensemen right now. Also we don't have a real backup goaltender right now. There will be plenty of time in the future to "get the band back together."

Last edited:

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Welcome to the league and I am sure you are going to have a blast with this league. I see that you have quite a number of holes to fill in. The agent for your team is [email protected]

Brent Burns Beard