future Wings

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
fS9qtHel.jpg

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Heck yeah. These kids have accounted so well for themselves, on and off the ice in tumultuous times. I look forward to rooting for them for their whole careers. Kind of wish Cholowski was there with them atm.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Heck yeah. These kids have accounted so well for themselves, on and off the ice in tumultuous times. I look forward to rooting for them for their whole careers. Kind of wish Cholowski was there with them atm.
I know where you're coming from with Cholowski but he's just too good for the AHL imo.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
This is either going to be a really awesome picture in a few years...or really embarrassing.

Success of failure, this is an awesome picture. It feels like there is a sense of camaraderie in this organization for the first time in a long time. I feel like the kids want to play for each other, and that’s the first step in building that culture you hear about in Tampa.

If these young kids act as the building blocks of that culture along with BLM, and AA, Hronek, Cholowski, Hirose, it could be really cool to see.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Success of failure, this is an awesome picture. It feels like there is a sense of camaraderie in this organization for the first time in a long time. I feel like the kids want to play for each other, and that’s the first step in building that culture you hear about in Tampa.

If these young kids act as the building blocks of that culture along with BLM, and AA, Hronek, Cholowski, Hirose, it could be really cool to see.
Yeah, I agree with you. They know they'll get to play together for a while, unlike the guys we had who knew they were going to get cut, traded, or retire sooner than later. Seems like they all like each other as well.

We still have a few vets in the Holland country club that needs to go, 3 of them after this season and a few more the next. All the same, I'd rather lose with kids then with a bunch of washed up vets.

Reactions: hkydave04

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah, I agree with you. They know they'll get to play together for a while, unlike the guys we had who knew they were going to get cut, traded, or retire sooner than later. Seems like they all like each other as well.

We still have a few vets in the Holland country club that needs to go, 3 of them after this season and a few more the next. All the same, I'd rather lose with kids then with a bunch of washed up vets.

More specifically there felt like there was a divide due to age. Like even from AA or Mantha at the high end at 25ish, you’re talking about 6-7 years between the core. That age proximity can lead to strong friendships being forged, and that’s when you get guys playing for each other, which is when we will probably see the best product on the ice.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
This is either going to be a really awesome picture in a few years...or really embarrassing.
This is literally the fate of the franchise.Pretty hard to recover short term from 5 1st round busts! If they are all busts we will be bad for a looooooong time....

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
In all seriousness, I look at that picture and I like what I see. There are 4 spots out of the Top 9 settled for the long term, so the 4 forwards here know that there is a massive chance for them over the next couple of years and also that there are other guys that are in the organisation that are going to battle real hard for those spots as well. It is a good problem to have over the next couple of years.

It feels like a chore to be pleading yet more patience but I feel that there is going to be genuine cause for optimism to get our play off spot back as we head into the 21/22 season. this year and next will be a bridge too far, but I expect to see improvement from next year. This year will be painful and exciting in equal measure but if Stevie Y stays the course then we are going to have a very good group.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
5 First round picks. I really wanted them all in GR this year. So I got my wish.

I am expecting this year will be a very good measurement for how likely they are to make the NHL.
Top line minutes with good players, Top PP minutes with good players.
A competitive team. I think they will maximize their development in GR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad