WC: Future of Slovak Hockey

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This is aging poorly.

I think it ends 3 Slovaks and 2 Czechs in round 1.. however, Slovaks have a better higher end this year. They did last year too! They're doing awesome! Lot of good players coming up and hopefully a renaissance. I think we'll have more guys drafted though.. round 7 is our round!lol
oliver bonk is canadian .

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Curious about next year. That could be a weak draft for Slovakia.
Optimistic scenario is 3-4 players, closer to reality 1-2 players. Hopefully someone will show up during the season so like Gajan, Misiak, Honzek, Pekarcik or Demek 2 years ago.

Reactions: smitty10

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
2024 draft is pretty bad so one down year than hopefully back to 6-8 guys per year. 2024 probably 1-2 realistically drafted lol

2024 is gonna be a weaker year for Slovakia, but then 2025 looks strong, suggesting that the last couple of years wasn't just a fluke. It shows the Slovak program has greatly improved.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

So what's the story here, did all four mentioned players indeed attend the draft and waited through all rounds, only to go undrafted? I know all sorts of players attend the draft, not just the elite ones, but when I read it, I figured they have some inside info of their likely selection. Because aside from Pekarcik, I don't think any of them was 'likely' to be picked.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Any thoughts on why Daniel Alexander Jencko wasn't given a mid to late round look?

From the limited footage I've seen of him, kid looks really skilled.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
2024 is gonna be a weaker year for Slovakia, but then 2025 looks strong, suggesting that the last couple of years wasn't just a fluke. It shows the Slovak program has greatly improved.

Who are the players to watch for 2025?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Who are the players to watch for 2025?

Michal Svrcek, Luka Radivojevic and Tomas Pobezal are potential 1st round picks, I think. But of course a lot can happen in two years. Alex Ciernik looked like a 1st-2nd round pick only a year ago, but eventuelly fell to the 4th in this year's draft.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I always thought 2023 would be better than 2022.

2024 has long been detected as a very weak year, at the level of the low period.

But it will come back gradually from 2025. At the end of the decade, there should be very talented prospects if we rely on performances in pee-wee & bantam tournaments.

Can't wait to see what's next for Max Melicherik.

Just with the 2004-2005 generation :

Slafkovsky-Dvorsky-Mesar
Sykora-Honzek-Ciernik
Pekarcik-Misiak-Petrovsky
Molnar-Repcik-Zlnka

Natny-Nemec
Eperjesi-Kmec
J.Chromiak-Strbak

Gajan
Elias

You can compete for the U20 WC title in the next tournament with this team (but the best won't be there)

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia

So what's the story here, did all four mentioned players indeed attend the draft and waited through all rounds, only to go undrafted? I know all sorts of players attend the draft, not just the elite ones, but when I read it, I figured they have some inside info of their likely selection. Because aside from Pekarcik, I don't think any of them was 'likely' to be picked.

It's possible that they get some sort of echo from their agents. For example Molnar was told by his agent that he would get drafted.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That 2004 group is insanely good ... Just need to build around it.

Nemec, Slaf and gajan are tremendous building blocks.

Reactions: mirec04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad