Future of Anaheim

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
From what I see he's on a 46 pace but that's beside the point. And only 2 posters mentioned 50-55 points as his top end upside. I wouldn't say that's the majority of most folks.

Up til that point, those two were the only ones responding via numbers. That is 100%. :)

36/61×82 = 48.4. So I was wrong, not 49, but closer than 46.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Even though I irratate you with my optimism, I wasn't wrong about how good this team really is. It doesn't mean the Ducks will win the Cup, but they are in very good position to do so. Games are won on the ice and not by speculation.

But in regards to Raks, there is a good chance of him being 70 point player simply based on the NHL changing the rules in order to create more goals. They are talking about either drastically cuttting down the size of goalie equipment or expanding the size of goalie nets. But besides this happening, Raks is only22 years old and this is his break out year. This is far from him entering his prime, and it is natural to think that he will only get better over time.

My dad called that the Ducks would be in the Stanley cup finals in 2003. He said that every year, if everything broke just right, they could do it. The difference between being right by happenstance versus being right by foresight is what TJM couldn't learn and I suspect you're just the same.

Now run along. I don't argue with the folks who bring Watchtowers to my door and I'm not going to start with you.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
My dad called that the Ducks would be in the Stanley cup finals in 2003. He said that every year, if everything broke just right, they could do it. The difference between being right by happenstance versus being right by foresight is what TJM couldn't learn and I suspect you're just the same.

Now run along. I don't argue with the folks who bring Watchtowers to my door and I'm not going to start with you.

The Ducks along with Blackhawks have been the most dominating teams the past 3 regular seasons, there was no reason why either team would not be a demonating team again this year, unless Chicago had a case of the Stanley Cup blues. The Ducks kept their same core players, so why would you think they would fall apart and become a horrible team? Especially, when you have so much of the core of the team a few years away before coming into their prime, players like Cam, Hamps, Gibson, Andersen, and Vats, where you would expect improvements in each of these players' game. I'm assuming I am a number of years older than you, I've learned life is about experiencing the ups and downs of life, and pesevere through the tough times while maintaining faith. Since we are talking hockey, we are talking about faith (belief) in your team (Ducks), and how they will endure these bad times and recover in order to be successful.

It was easy to forecast that Getz would not go from being top ten player in the league for the last five year and then go to being the worst player in the league (goaless if you don't count empty netters) when he is in his prime. It is not a stretch, to see guess that a 40 and 50 goal scorer is not going to go scoreless after not scoring in 1st 11 games. It didn't make sense that Kesler would only have 1 goal in first 2 month of season. So it was easy to forecast that the Ducks would have a big bounce back in a big way, which they are doing at even a more fericious pace than even I expected. I didn't get lucky in my prediction, I just made my realistic assessment of the team, considered their horrible start an anomaly, maintained faith in the Ducks, and the rest is history. It was not simply a lucky prediction.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013

I just noticed in your in your bio "He is risen", so I assume you are a Christian. Maintaining faith in God even when your life hits bottom, is even more important than maintaining faith in the Ducks, for God will carry you through tough times and allow to rise up through "temporary" circumstances.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Am I missing someone?
You forgot the 3 or 4 slow-as-hell defenders BM is going to sign to multi-year, 3-5 million dollar contracts. :laugh:

Ritchie-Rakell-Silfverberg
Kerdiles-Nattinen-Noesen
Roy-Terry-Sorensen
Sideroff-Gates-Sgarbossa

Lindholm-Fowler
Theodore-Montour
Vatanen-Larsson

Gibson
Metcalf

The forward group is pretty cringeworthy, if we had a bona-fide 1C prospect (I like Rakell but I'm not sure he can get to that level) then we'd look a lot better with Rakell slotting in at 2C and Nattinen in the 3C position. For the 4th line center though I think Wagner probably would be the more realistic fit. I know it's still early but I'm not all that high on Brent Gates. Wing definitely could use help as well. Ritchie, assuming all goes well, slots in nicely in the top 6, but other than him the only winger we have that could be a legitimate top 6 forward is Silfverberg. Kerdiles and Noesen haven't grown at the rates they were expected to, Roy would be really nice if only he'd sign with us, and Sorensen is having a good year overseas in Sweden but he is a bit older. Sideroff is doing well with Kamloops this season, while Gates is still very young but hasn't shown too much so far. Sgarbossa.... I don't know, I think he's probably going to be a career tweener. Whether Wags is replacing Sgarbossa or Gates, I'd rather have him in our "future" lineup. (although if this is only 5 years in the future or so Getzlaf and Perry and maybe Kesler will still be contributing in some way)

As far as defense goes, my, that's a great group. 6 potential or current top 4 defensemen or above, and not including guys like Manson or Despres. BM has a ton of trade value at his fingertips with some of these prospects; let's hope he does something smart with it, hopefully getting some high-end forward prospects or young NHLers to ease the decline and eventual retirement/trading of the twins/Kesler.

Gibson is going to be very nice, but I'd really like a better backup than Metcalf. Those are easy to find though so I wouldn't worry too much. Even in the short term however I would like to find a better backup for next season than Khudobin. (assuming we move Andersen at the draft)

Overall, not a bad group in terms of overall talent, and though I'm not too thrilled with the lack of high-end young forward talent we have, we're doing well to follow the old adage "Build from the net out", and hopefully we can focus on alleviating our defense logjam and bringing in some better forwards in the years to come.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I just noticed in your in your bio "He is risen", so I assume you are a Christian. Maintaining faith in God even when your life hits bottom, is even more important than maintaining faith in the Ducks, for God will carry you through tough times and allow to rise up through "temporary" circumstances.

Porkins the White. He is risen.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Porkins the White. He is risen.

lego-jek-porkins-minifigure-25-549759_zpspvmzwxze.jpg

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
What would Andersen/Gibson bring at the draft?

Andersen: low first
Gibson: middle first

Leafs will acquire them both for 2nd.

Srsly though Murray won't trade Gibson so there is no point to put his name there. Andersen's value on other hand.. Well a lot depends how well he do in playoffs. And we don't even know if he gets to play there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad