Future lineup

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
And you can bet your house that Plekanec and Markov are still here in 2-3 years. Their roles will slowly change with time, but they will stay here for a couple of years. They could even be career Habs, I'd be totally fine with it.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
In a few years:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-McCarron
Scherbak-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Hudon-Eller-DSP
Prust-DLR-Weise

Yes please! :)

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
In a few years:

Hudon-Eller-DSP
Prust-DLR-Weise

I don't think Plekanec will be on the first line in a few years.

Not sure Eller will be with the Habs past this Monday.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
In a few years:

Hudon-Eller-DSP
Prust-DLR-Weise

If Plekanec isn't our 1st C now, why would he be in a few years?

I don't think we'll resign Prust, hope MB learned his lesson with Moen. Never sign grinders over 30.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
That is why this never works. Not long ago everybody had Sekac in their future lineups.

This thread reminds me of a poster who I haven't seen around lately. He would always post ridiculous lineups like:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Voracek
McCarron-Plekanec-Scherbak
Hudon-De La Rose-Gallagher
Crisp-Audette-DSP
Extra: Weise
(Where's DD? Where's Eller? Where's PAP? Where's Prust? Did they magically get moved for Voracek?)

Subban-Tinordi
Beaulieu-Lernout
Thrower-Dietz

Price
Fucale

:laugh: I won't name names, but the majority of the time he'd have questionable additions and way too many prospects panning out. Was always good for a laugh.

Like you said, this is why it never works. Plenty of those guys won't make it, plenty of them will, some will be traded, and plenty of the time people add players like Simmonds or Voracek who will never get dealt to us.

And you can bet your house that Plekanec and Markov are still here in 2-3 years. Their roles will slowly change with time, but they will stay here for a couple of years. They could even be career Habs, I'd be totally fine with it.

I don't see Plekanec ever becoming a useless player. He'll always at the bare minimum be a competent 3rd line C even when he's older. For now he's a solid #2 or #1B IMO. I don't think he gets enough credit. After Price, Subban and Pacioretty, he's probably the most important player we have. Unlike Markov where we have Subban who can step up big as our #1, without Plekanec we only have DD and Eller. By default I think that makes him more important than even Markov is currently, given our current situation, but it's close. Markov would be next on that list IMO. If Beaulieu continues his progression maybe one day soon I'll comfortably be able to say he is part of that equation.

Right now our D is severely lacking after Subban and Markov and while I'm not sold on Beaulieu just yet, lately he's been showing he definitely has potential to be a big part of our success if he continues being consistent.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
This thread reminds me of a poster who I haven't seen around lately. He would always post ridiculous lineups like:

Crisp-Audette-DSP
(Where's DD? Where's Eller? Where's PAP? Where's Prust? Did they magically get moved for Voracek?)

Subban-Tinordi
Beaulieu-Lernout
Thrower-Dietz

Price
Fucale

:laugh: I won't name names, but the majority of the time he'd have questionable additions and way too many prospects panning out. Was always good for a laugh.

Like you said, this is why it never works. Plenty of those guys won't make it, plenty of them will, some will be traded, and plenty of the time people add players like Simmonds or Voracek who will never get dealt to us.
Is he from an Island? ;)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Crisp-Audette-DSP

Subban-Tinordi
Beaulieu-Lernout
Thrower-Dietz

Price
Fucale

I don't see Plekanec ever becoming a useless player. He'll always at the bare minimum be a competent 3rd line C even when he's older. For now he's a solid #2 or #1B IMO. I don't think he gets enough credit. After Price, Subban and Pacioretty, he's probably the most important player we have. Unlike Markov where we have Subban who can step up big as our #1, without Plekanec we only have DD and Eller. By default I think that makes him more important than even Markov is currently, given our current situation, but it's close. Markov would be next on that list IMO. If Beaulieu continues his progression maybe one day soon I'll comfortably be able to say he is part of that equation.

Right now our D is severely lacking after Subban and Markov and while I'm not sold on Beaulieu just yet, lately he's been showing he definitely has potential to be a big part of our success if he continues being consistent.

On the opening night roster thread I think I was able to trade for Byfuglien and had him at RW on the 3rd line. I was so proud I was able to pull that trade off. Look at Buff now. I could have got him, Bergy. What did you do?

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
I think in 3 years a realistic lineup would be something like

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Scherbak-Plekanec-DSP
Hudon-DLR-McCarron
Bournival-FA- one of Nevins/Crisp

Beaulieu-Subban
Tinordi-FA/this year first rounder
Emelin-Pateryn/Dietz/Lernout/FA

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Is he from an Island? ;)

:handclap: <--- I give you your answer sir ;)

On the opening night roster thread I think I was able to trade for Byfuglien and had him at RW on the 3rd line. I was so proud I was able to pull that trade off. Look at Buff now. I could have got him, Bergy. What did you do?

Had we somehow got Byfuglien I'd be so happy dude. I know people give the guy a lot of **** but he would practically change the dynamic of the team entirely on his own merit. The guys a beast. I'm kind of surprised Chicago ever gave him up.

I think in 3 years a realistic lineup would be something like

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Scherbak-Plekanec-DSP
Hudon-DLR-McCarron
Bournival-FA- one of Nevins/Crisp

Beaulieu-Subban
Tinordi-FA/this year first rounder
Emelin-Pateryn/Dietz/Lernout/FA

It's realistic that some of those guys make it no doubt, but I'd say replace at least a few of them with random UFA/trade target. I just find it's unrealistic to expect an entire crop of prospects to essentially pan out. Although I do feel we have the best prospect pool we've had in a while in terms of players with NHL upside. That I won't deny. Also I'd be very surprised to not see Scherbak and McCarron make it. McCarron is as safe a pick as you can make IMO in terms of NHL. It's just a matter of where he winds up 1st line, 2nd or 3rd.

Also if we don't trade him Reway will likely be there eventually. I think a lot of people underestimate him.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
It's realistic that some of those guys make it no doubt, but I'd say replace at least a few of them with random UFA/trade target. I just find it's unrealistic to expect an entire crop of prospects to essentially pan out. Although I do feel we have the best prospect pool we've had in a while in terms of players with NHL upside. That I won't deny. Also I'd be very surprised to not see Scherbak and McCarron make it. McCarron is as safe a pick as you can make IMO in terms of NHL. It's just a matter of where he winds up 1st line, 2nd or 3rd.

Also if we don't trade him Reway will likely be there eventually. I think a lot of people underestimate him.

As of today the only three guys in my lineup that are question marks are Hudon, Scherbak and McCarron and they're not really long shot.

If neither of Nevins and Crisps makes the NHL it's no big deal, we can easily sign an UFA to play on the fourth line or another prospect will make his place in the lineup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad