Line Combos: Future Holes to Fill

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Hudon on the 4th line kinda reeks failure to me. Collberg can show his skills, but as long as he doesn't put up the numbers to go with his skill, he'll be a suspect to me.

I agree with you about Hudon but I couldn't fit him anywhere else and we don't draft much of fourth liners so its hard making a REAL fourh line

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Thrower over Dietz eh? That is interesting. Why?

Too funny. That was one that I kept changing. Ultimately, if Thrower can play to his potential I kept him on with Beaulieu because he adds the grittiness and toughness he adds to compliment Beaulieu's skill and create space and protection. I did that with PK and Tinordi for the same reason. Thrower is a mean SOB and I like to think of him as being able to be our version of Kronwall who can fight.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Needs:

- 2nd line point producing winger
- top line winger
- depth banging winger to play an energy role on the 4th line
- minute munching defenseman with size to play with PK
- 2 way 2nd pair defenseman

Options:

- Sebastian Collberg
- Artturi Lehkonen
- Louis LeBlanc
- Tim Bozon
- Magnus Nygren
- Darren Dietz
- Morgan Ellis

As others have said go look at this type of thread from 5 years ago and count how many players we actually still have.

It's also not clear what time frame you are putting on your lineup, but why on earth do you not have Tinordi and Subban as a pairing? He fits the role of minute eating defenceman with size to play with PK, no?

Also keep in mind even on top teams the 1st line is rarely made up of three 1st line players. If you have Pacioretty and Galchenyuk together than the third guy is probably going to be basically second liner that brings some size and a net presence.

HockeyF3ind

Jun 19, 2007
New York
Surprised how few of you are including Emelin in your future lines. That guy is a total beast, and our team pretty much collapsed after he went down last season. I see him as a powerhouse pillar of the top 4 for years to come.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Surprised how few of you are including Emelin in your future lines. That guy is a total beast, and our team pretty much collapsed after he went down last season. I see him as a powerhouse pillar of the top 4 for years to come.
I agreed with all of what you said until the top 4 statement, Emelin won't beat out Subban, Tinordi or Beaulieu and as previously stated we can make trades and sigh UFAs I see Emelin as a great physical vet presence on our bottom pairing

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Am I the only who thinks we need another top pairing defenseman who can be an elite shutdown guy who hits and fights to play with P.K. and help Tinordi with the dirty work?

HockeyF3ind

Jun 19, 2007
New York
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Collberg - Eller - McCarron
Hudon - DelaRose - Lekhonen
Bozon -Bournival - Leblanc

Tinordi - Subban
Emelin - Beaulieu
Dietz - Ellis

Price
Fucale

HockeyF3ind

Jun 19, 2007
New York
I agreed with all of what you said until the top 4 statement, Emelin won't beat out Subban, Tinordi or Beaulieu and as previously stated we can make trades and sigh UFAs I see Emelin as a great physical vet presence on our bottom pairing

Subban + Tinordi + Beaulieu = 3 people
Subban + Tinordi + Beaulieu + Emelin = 4 people
He doesn't need to beat them out to join the top 4.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I assumed he was I hired when I made my lineup :sarcasm:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Am I the only who thinks we need another top pairing defenseman who can be an elite shutdown guy who hits and fights to play with P.K. and help Tinordi with the dirty work?

No but I figured Tinordi & Subban and Emelin with Beaulieu then Diaby & Gorges/Bennett about 3 yrs. from now. But Nashville got Diaby with their first pick in the 3rd round, it's looking like Deitz will be there with Bennett/Gorges.

This of course depends on how Deitz, Thrower and Didier develop over that time, all three have a mean streak. As does Pateryn the defenceman we got in the Grabovski trade with Toronto, he and Bennett were partners for a couple of yrs. with the Wolverines.

So really there is no shortage of defencemen with a tendency to hurt, coming along shortly. Ellis could also move into the equation and he may prove to be a good 3rd pairing Dman as well.:nod:

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
Plecks and Gorges are also signed long term (4 more years)

Pacs-Galchenyuk-Collberg
McCarron-Eller-Gally
Leblanc-Plecks-De La Rose
Crisp-Bournival-Hudon
Vail-White-Bozon

PK-Tinordi
Beaulieu-Emelin
Gorges-Deitz/Pateryn

Price
Fucale

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The lineup i see as most potent is:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Collberg
Lekhonen-Eller-Gallagher
DelaRose-Vail-McCarron
Hudon-Bournival-Crisp

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Dietz
Pateryn-Ellis

Price
Fucale

That being said a lot can happen , in two or three years i wouldn't be mad if Mtl traded for a top2 D and top line forward considering our depth in prospect plus our lack of "sure fire" at these positions

Not that I think all of these players will make it but DLR would be a much better 3rd line center than Vail and you should have Hudon on his wing. I also think that Adrighetto has a better chance of making it than Vail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad