Prospect Info: Future Flyers Defense

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
That why the Flyers will have to continually draft defensemen. I think than can realistically keep four if one of them is Morin since I don't think Morin will ever be expensive. That means if all of Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, and Ghost turn out, one will likely have to be traded. But you are talking when these guys are near 27 years old so many years from now. Nothing to worry about. I actually expect one of them to be moved when the Flyers are looking for that final piece to the puzzle.

I think they will be fielding calls from teams looking for a good young defenseman and if they can get good value for a center they like I think they will and should pull the trigger. There is no rush but it will happen at some point. Its just good asset management. If I was a western conference GM I would be trying to trade for one of them now before they get too established. I think it is already too late for someone to reasonably trade for Provorov.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Off topic, but maybe on, any chance Voynov comes back, and would you trade 2nd + Hagg for him? Would you avoid him at all costs given what happened?

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
My completely speculative opinion, based on nothing, is that Sanheim will be the Dman used to land a 1/2 centre in about 3 years.

Provorov - Myers
Morin - Gostisbehere
Friedman - Gudas

That would be a huge mistake as Sanheim is going to be your captain in 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad