NHL Entry Draft Future Draft Watch

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Lumberjacks Sign Forward Carson Rehkopf to Tender Agreement
The 2005-birthyear stands 6-foot-3 and weighs in at 185 pounds, making him a menacing physical presence at just 16 years old. Carson Rehkopf hails from Utopia, Ontario, and is the second Muskegon Tender from Ontario in the last two years (Owen Mehlenbacher).

“Growing up in Ontario, being surrounded by the OHL, that's all I ever knew or followed,” said Rehkopf. “Up until this year, I didn't know much about the USHL and what the league does for its players. Once I was educated on the league and Muskegon's program, I felt the program was the best fit for me as a player and person. From the coaching staff to the fans, I feel that Muskegon has the best environment for players who want to succeed at the next levels.”

Muskegon’s front office is thrilled to have Rehkopf signed, and per the agreement, Carson will appear in at least 55 percent of Muskegon’s regular-season games next year.

“We are very excited as an organization that we can sign a player of Carson’s potential and caliber,” said President of Hockey Operations Steve Lowe.

“We expect Carson to make an impact from day one in the USHL and we can't wait to get him in our lineup. He has size, elite skill, top-end skating ability, and a compete factor that players his age don't have. These tools make Carson a deadly threat as he grows into his skill set and body. For a player of his potential to understand what the USHL and the Muskegon Lumberjacks can provide is extremely mature, and his decision to play here is a well-thought-out one. We couldn't be more excited as an organization.”

Rehkopf played the 2019-2020 season for the Toronto Jr. Canadiens, and would be playing for the team again this year if COVID-19 hadn’t derailed the season. In 2019-20, Rehkopf racked up 68 goals and 77 assists (145 points) in 72 games.

“Carson is an unbelievable kid,” said General Manager Jim McGroarty. “His teammates love him and his coaches love to coach him. Carson has put himself in the elite category of his age group with his high IQ, skating and skill development.”

“Carson has proven to be a threat in every game we have watched him play, and his personality stands out. His humbleness, character, and desire to improve every day make him the type of player we want in our organization. We are looking forward to watching him grow as a player during his time in Muskegon.”

Head Coach Mike Hamilton is excited to work with such a high-caliber player.
“I have gotten to know Carson and he’s a great kid with a great family,” said Hamilton. “They’re the type of people we want to surround ourselves with and bring into our organization. Getting a player of this caliber is not only important for us, but also for the league. We want to attract players that have NHL-level talent and that’s what we’ve got in Rehkopf.”

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
image0000001.jpg
Though this was sick.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
On our way to another top 5 pick, just what we needed. Not a great draft year at the top perhaps but a lot of higher ceiling players and someone that will be useful for us. Our rebuild takes off in earnest when Sanderson arrives after next season.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
On our way to another top 5 pick, just what we needed. Not a great draft year at the top perhaps but a lot of higher ceiling players and someone that will be useful for us. Our rebuild takes off in earnest when Sanderson arrives after next season.
We will get another next year

Reactions: Cosmix

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
What a crappy year to be rebuilding given the uncertainty around the draft. By the time a possible generational talent like Connor Bedard is available, I doubt we'll be bad enough to be in the mix for him...or will we lol

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
What a crappy year to be rebuilding given the uncertainty around the draft. By the time a possible generational talent like Connor Bedard is available, I doubt we'll be bad enough to be in the mix for him...or will we lol
We’ll never be bad enough to get a guy like that while Buffalo is still in the league.

Reactions: bicboi64

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Hard not to read this and not get super pumped, even if we've discussed these prospects and players to death, this outside view on what we're building was pretty cool.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I almost always assume pics like this are photoshopped now lol
I think it's clear that the measurement of players on numerous sites are always in their favour stretching their actual size & weight.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I think it's clear that the measurement of players on numerous sites are always in their favour stretching their actual size & weight.

Bit off topic:

My buddy works at a tech store and helped out Brannstrom in person yesterday (buddy isnt a hockey fan at all so didnt know who he was lol). I asked him how tall he looked compared to him lol. Said about 5'10, same as him so at least Branny's height seems to be legit ahha. End of my pointless story.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
1 more loss by Ottawa and 2 more wins by Buffalo puts Ottawa in last place. That is quite possible. By season end I can see Ottawa in last place.

Bedard isn't draft eligible until 2023, by then we should be be out of the basement while Buffalo will still likely be terrible, especially if they do end up trading Eichel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad