Future Contracts of Galchenyuk, Radulov, Beaulieu, Price, Patch ?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Lets say all is well in Habs land this year and they get back to being a top 10 team in the league (or better!). What are the future contracts looking like in the next 3 years? Galchenyuk and Radulov scores 70-85 pts, Beaulieu scores 40-50 pts, and Price and Patch do the usual...

Galchenyuk: 7-8M per season for 8 years?

Radulov: 7-8M per season for 5 years?

Beaulieu: 4-5M per season for 8 years? I find this one a hard one to predict if Beaulieu does well and gets close to 50pts.

Price (2 years from now): 10-12M per season for 8 years?

Patch: (3 years from now): 8-9M per season for 8 years?

The next 2 off seasons are fine with salary cap increases and letting expiring contracts go without re-signing (DD, Emelin, Markov, Flynn, Montoya). I believe it's the next off season is where the potential trouble starts. That's when you have to re-sign Patch & Sergachyov. It comes down to weather or not to re-sign Pleky next off season. That to me is the key and MB will have to manage carefully

You have to be kidding? That's not even an issue. You DO NOT re-sign Pleky, period.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
[/B]

You have to be kidding? That's not even an issue. You DO NOT re-sign Pleky, period.

Who's your future 2C? Let me guess.. we'll simply find someone right? Easier said than done. If we're lucky, McCarron is your 3C! Not many guys his size make it at center. J Thornton is the only guy I can think of. McCarron will be more effective as a RW IMO. Big holes up the middle after Chucky!

Last edited:

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Well just based on the reports from HF preseason/game 1 I'll go:

Galchenyuk 8 years 9 per
Radulov 6 years 9 per
Beaulieu 8 years 7.5 per
Price will probably never play again
Pacioretty PTO with an invite to camp

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
[/B]

You can even expose him for the Expansion Draft. Even if he's at 6M, when Vegas drafts him, he'll only have 1 year left and they need to reach the cap floor with such a contract. And I think Plekanec is someone that would stand out in Montreal if exposed.

And with a NMC and NTC not attached to his contract, Bergevin can move him without needing Plek's permission. Unless he takes on a similar cap hit, he'll probably need to retain salary in a trade.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
You can even expose him for the Expansion Draft. Even if he's at 6M, when Vegas drafts him, he'll only have 1 year left and they need to reach the cap floor with such a contract. And I think Plekanec is someone that would stand out in Montreal if exposed.

And with a NMC and NTC not attached to his contract, Bergevin can move him without needing Plek's permission. Unless he takes on a similar cap hit, he'll probably need to retain salary in a trade.

Feels like given his durability, consistency, 2-way game and lack of term he could easily be traded before it came to that, no? I'm not the biggest Plekanec fan but he has more value than just letting him go in an expansion draft.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Letting a player like Plekanec go for free would be a terrible waste of assets.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Order of importance Price, Galchenyuk, Max, Beaulieu and then Radulov. They need to get the first three signed, the other two might be more of a luxury depending on where the cap goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad