TV: Futurama revived again, this time by Hulu

Sep 19, 2008
no dimaggio as bender no watch

he is willing but the producers, less so...hopefully they settle this and make it happen.

Sep 19, 2008
Never understood the appeal of this show or found it funny.

Good for the fans though I guess. :)
THOHIX_Futurama_reference.png

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If Bender is recast, the opening scene will just be something along the lines of….

Bender: ‘sup meatbags.
Fry: Bender?! What happened to your voice?
Bender: The professor installed a firmware update.
*flashback to a second of Bender being hit in the face by a crowbar by the professor*
Bender: Version 3.14159, baby.
*cue opening credits*

Replacing DiMaggio will be a strike against the show, but I’m not going to stop watching because DiMaggio had a higher asking price than the other VAs when I love a few dozen other things about the show still as well.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Super excited for this. Seasons 2-5 are the peak of the show, but I rather enjoyed the 4 movies and the later seasons 7-10 were up and down but still had plenty of really good episodes. I would be very unsure to really watch if they recast DiMaggio though. Hopefully they work it out.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I actually really liked the Comedy Central seasons. I also like Disenchantment after trying for the second time. As long as they get DiMaggio back, it should be good. I wonder if they will have a strict air time like they did on cable/network.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Hmm, I don't know about this one. I'd love to be wrong though and see it live up to the earlier seasons.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't fault him for wanting more, and I don't fault Hulu for moving on in a new direction. Sometimes things just don't work out, it'll just be an adjustment to a new Bender voice.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I don't fault him for wanting more, and I don't fault Hulu for moving on in a new direction. Sometimes things just don't work out, it'll just be an adjustment to a new Bender voice.

The replies to that tweet are a disaster. I feel like it's impossible to really have an opinion on the situation without knowing the details of how much he's actually asking for vs how much he was actually offered. Maybe they will still work it out.

I'm just happy the show is back and a Futurama with a new Bender is better than no new Futurama at all to me.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
That's the thing about Futurama to me.... it never jumped the shark and yet it had multiple satisfying endings that left the door open each time. I have a good amount of faith that they've got at least one more season in them.

The comedic timing was garbage. Its like they sat all the voice actors down at a board meeting and told them they all need to get their lines out faster.

As for the Comedy Central revival, imo it had only one good episode but it was one of the best of the entire series

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I like Futurama but i feel like the show lost something with the reboot (a lot of the past writers didn't come back) so the quality was kinda iffy. I loved the episode where Hermes and Bender goes out to find the inspecter that o.k'd Bender despite his flaw and then you have really bad episodes (i'm talking modern simpsons levels of bad) like when Leela has a boyle that is Boyle (how clever).

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
i mean not having him as Bender would have guaranteed a disaster for hulu, i would have 100% not checked it out, maybe now i will at some point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad